NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, not so much "scared" as he is predisposed to major complications due to his sickle cell anemia ... just like how Ryan Clark could never travel to Denver.  so, yeah ... "scared" is a bad cho

Jerrick McKinnon has to go load to load when the defense loads up on him he's gotta load up on them and also load up on the metlife turf while he has to bring a bigger load.  

Faulty load?  Nonsense.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Is he hurt?  Something has to explain this, besides Shanny, look at the first few weeks, even with Mostert.   Doesn't add up at all.

In his post game presser , Shanny said that McKinnon has been banged up and the plan was to scale back his work a little bit. He has had a rib issue the last couple weeks, couple that with the fact that guy literally missed 2 straight years with injury, and you can understand why he’s been limited. And frankly he looks the least explosive of the entire stable of backs.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/141502-49ers-planned-jerick-mckinnon-starting-wilson-against-patriots/

Yup...looked like Shanahan fooled us on this one. I'm thinking this might mean we see McKinnon more next week? Especially against Seattle where they will likely be in many passing down situations.

dont care what they do at this point this is not the backfield to invest in. Will keep hasty just in case but back to back weeks of low usage and damn near ZERO usage even after wilson got hurt tells us enough. Can't trust shanny week to week. Plus coleman may be back soon to make matters worse. Benching until further notice 

Edited by Guwop
19 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/141502-49ers-planned-jerick-mckinnon-starting-wilson-against-patriots/

Yup...looked like Shanahan fooled us on this one. I'm thinking this might mean we see McKinnon more next week? Especially against Seattle where they will likely be in many passing down situations.

Boo this man. Not you, Shanahan

"The plan was to rest Jet a little bit with how much he's gotten the last few weeks," Shanahan said. "We were going to go with Hasty or Jeff depending on their health. Jeff showed in practice he was healthy enough to go. Once he got cleared it was a pretty easy decision."

Thanks Shanny.  You couldn't mention that BEFORE the game.  And let me just ask, the work he's gotten the last few weeks.  Did you forget that he BARELY played last week.  Yea, lots of work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shanahan likes playing mind games with opposing coaches/scouts. He's not going to come out and say "Hey guys Mckinnon is going to rest today, plan for my other guy" for the sake of our fantasy lineups. Not to mention this is likely more coach speak to screw with the guy next week. This backfield is a complete coin flip week to week.

Edited by harck
On 10/20/2020 at 1:13 PM, Nappyroots said:

With Cook on bye this week and Bell as my rb2, I have full faith in McKinnon this week. (Because I have to) He's done it before, he'll do it again. Lindsay just ran for over 100 yards on NE battling turf toe, so I'm feeling better about the match up. Hoping for solid rb2 performances while Mostert is out. This is why we held onto McKinnon! As for Hasty, Jeff Wilson tried us and look how that worked out for him. McKinnon? Nah nah more like McWinnon my league!

Well this didn't age well. I truly hate this backfield. Not only did McKinnon turn into McLosin, but Wilson ran all over NE so hard he sprained his ankle. Then Hasty Pasty ran over em for another 60 yards. They even handed the ball off twice to Deebo Samuel (He's a wide receiver) for what should of been 20 yards until he hurt his hamstring. Now enter McLosin. Gives us 3 carries for -1 yards.. in garbage time... come on mannnn.

Then the cherry on top is Shanahan says they held him out to "rest him". Cue:"Why you always lyin!" No mention of this all week just kinda decided it on a whim. I'm pretty sure he just gets off on trolling fantasy owners.

I hate that Jeff Wilson got hurt because I really want to drop this guy, but i can't. Coleman will be back soon, then eventually Mostert. Then it'll be safe to let him go. Til then you'll get between -0.10 to 19.20 FP from this guy. Probably 20 this week because he'll most definitely be sitting on my bench.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, philnutz said:

McKinnon just doesnt look good when he's playing, and now Coleman expected back, who hasnt looked good either, I'm going all in on juszczyk

First four games of the season McKinnon looked great. Simply did. Then his usage went to hell. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Rib injury, mckinnon cant carry a full load, ever....

He had that in the Giants game.  The following week he played against the Eagles and got 90% of the snap count.  Then Miami with Mostert back he hasn't been in the rotation since.

I don't get the whole McKinnon thing.  If the guy is that fragile that he can't play for 2 weeks after playing in a game why even have him.  This is the worst handcuff in the history of fantasy football.  I mean every single running back on this team is hurt, even the backup to the backup to the backup, and this guy still can't even get a touch.  

9 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I don't get the whole McKinnon thing.  If the guy is that fragile that he can't play for 2 weeks after playing in a game why even have him.  This is the worst handcuff in the history of fantasy football.  I mean every single running back on this team is hurt, even the backup to the backup to the backup, and this guy still can't even get a touch.  

69 touches coming off two seasons off and in arguably the deepest backfield system in the league. I think with his situation you need to be patient and if you can't then he's not the right back for you. 

The whole odd thing about the situation is that reeks of coach speak but at the same time conflicts with his previous decisions.  If Wilson was better, why wasn't he getting more run vs the Giants and Eagles?  Wilson definitely wasn't better in the Giants game. 

Then Mostert comes back and the whole established lineup gets flipped around.  Not to mention he had Mostert coming off an injury and was letting him run in the 4th quarter of the blowout loss against Miami. Then Mostert doesn't last, and McKinnon and Hasty close out that game.  McKinnon actually lead blocked on the last play that Hasty got the 1st down.  Then we don't see McKinnon doing much of anything for the next couples weeks and now Wilson is dead.

I can't tell if Shanny is over him or he is the favored son.  The way he has treated his RB this season shows he doesn't care if you are just coming off an injury. At the same time, he did have McKinnon playing over Wilson at one point this season two weeks in a row.

Shanny at dinner with his RB

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 3