NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If you think you can read Shanahan's mind I'm in a combination of awe and sympathy.

I don't at all.

I clearly said to bet on the horse you believe has the best chance of winning. If you like McKinnon's talent and opportunity than start him. He looks washed to me and Hasty looks better so that is the horse I'm betting on. No idea how things will shake out!

Edited by Jetdog16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, not so much "scared" as he is predisposed to major complications due to his sickle cell anemia ... just like how Ryan Clark could never travel to Denver.  so, yeah ... "scared" is a bad cho

Jerrick McKinnon has to go load to load when the defense loads up on him he's gotta load up on them and also load up on the metlife turf while he has to bring a bigger load.  

Faulty load?  Nonsense.

Posted Images

15 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

If you think you can read Shanahan's mind I'm in a combination of awe and sympathy.

So your take is you can't figure anything out because of one outlier?  He had bruised ribs and the 49ers likely downplayed the injury. McKinnon has been mostly the 3rd down guy and seeing around 20-30% snap share based on game flow when he isn't starting.  If Hasty starts, then it'll probably be closer to 30% with Juice mixing in for a chunk.  It is very unlikely he ever sees 60%+ again given his size and injury history even if he gets the start, even Mostert wasn't seeing more than 50%.  Obviously, there is risk here but there is also upside of having 1 of 2 backs getting carries in this system.

Edited by ap0calypse
45 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

The Athletic's Matt Barrows said 49ers RB Jerick McKinnon has been "battling tired legs" in recent weeks. 

Tired legs? He hasn't played in 3 weeks.

I get a little tired after heavy loads too, but as pointed out, he's barely played.  And didn't Shanny say that they were resting him last week purposefully?  Let him rest, build some stamina, then he'll explode this week?  Why is he being written off like he is some limp noodle and everybody is flocking to the tasty Hasty?  Is Hasty younger and more powerful?

Yeah... I've defended McKinnon on here as someone who should have decent flex value this week in a high scoring matchup, but I'm 100% sending him to the bench after this news and keeping him for the time being as a break in case of emergency hold. Tired legs? What the hell? It's week 8 and you haven't played a ton. Real bad look. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Moveless said:

Yeah... I've defended McKinnon on here as someone who should have decent flex value this week in a high scoring matchup, but I'm 100% sending him to the bench after this news and keeping him for the time being as a break in case of emergency hold. Tired legs? What the hell? It's week 8 and you haven't played a ton. Real bad look. 

Lol as I said, where there's smoke, there's fire. I think it's an issue between him and the coaches and he's been held in the doghouse under this guise of "rest" 

Why why why, why can't I get to drop McKinnon.  Its incredible that they rush back every hurt running back just so they don't have to play McKinnon only to see every guy get hurt again.  And what happens, McKinnon still doesn't get many touches.  Why do they even have this guy on the roster.  What is the point if the guy can't play.  Tired legs. Now they go into Thursday night against the worst rush defense in the nfl.  Are we still dropping this dude?

4 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Why why why, why can't I get to drop McKinnon.  Its incredible that they rush back every hurt running back just so they don't have to play McKinnon only to see every guy get hurt again.  And what happens, McKinnon still doesn't get many touches.  Why do they even have this guy on the roster.  What is the point if the guy can't play.  Tired legs. Now they go into Thursday night against the worst rush defense in the nfl.  Are we still dropping this dude?

dropping him?- he may be the only healthy RB they have other than hasty and he did not look good yesterday.................

10 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Play him this week. One TD & a couple receptions is all you need, Dalvin got 4 yesterday. If Mostert, Coleman, & Wilson remain out (very likely).... don't over think it

Coleman is out. Yes, Hasty has a lead role. 
But, with the Niners facing a Packers D that is giving up the most points and TDs to RBs, 9th in catches allowed by QBs and likely playing catch-up,

[McKinnon] looks like a darn good RB2/flex start tonight, does he not?

Edited by tonycpsu
Moved
  • Like 2