NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

This dude has been overrated his entire career by the RW forums. We're talking about a guy who took a backseat to Matt Asiata. He's the original RoJo. He was the guy who couldn't even surpass Matt Asiata, the God of Plod, long before Barber was the new plodfather. 

He never had vision and was always just a cheap pass catching back with nothing special. 

If you're desperate - go for it. Otherwise stay away. 

Who cares if RW overates him.  The 49'ers had an easy out yet they chose to pay him.  

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, not so much "scared" as he is predisposed to major complications due to his sickle cell anemia ... just like how Ryan Clark could never travel to Denver.  so, yeah ... "scared" is a bad cho

Jerrick McKinnon has to go load to load when the defense loads up on him he's gotta load up on them and also load up on the metlife turf while he has to bring a bigger load.  

Faulty load?  Nonsense.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

This dude has been overrated his entire career by the RW forums. We're talking about a guy who took a backseat to Matt Asiata. He's the original RoJo. He was the guy who couldn't even surpass Matt Asiata, the God of Plod, long before Barber was the new plodfather. 

He never had vision and was always just a cheap pass catching back with nothing special. 

LOL

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I could not disagree with you more fervently, sir! 

Have you not seen what he's done with limited touches already this season?

He's the Shannahan hand picked man. 

Now, I don't think Mostert is out all year. In fact, it could be a just a week or two. Or more. But I sure like his odds to blow up if he gets the backfield. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I could not disagree with you more fervently, sir! 

Have you not seen what he's done with limited touches already this season?

He's the Shannahan hand picked man. 

Now, I don't think Mostert is out all year. In fact, it could be a just a week or two. Or more. But I sure like his odds to blow up if he gets the backfield. 

What has he done? He got a receiving touchdown first game, and he got yardage against a college tier defense names the Jets. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, affliction said:

Yeah it doesn’t sound like he will be out long mike Davis is a better add over McKinnon 

It now sounds like Coleman will be out multiple weeks, but yeah I agree that McKinnon isn't someone to go spending all your FAAB money on. If I was a team that lost Barkley or CMC, he's a great temporary fix because he will likely be really solid for the next 1-2 weeks until Mostert is back. But to me these 1-2 week rental guys aren't that appealing because there's a good chance other people in your league will be overspending to the point that it's not worth it.

33 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

The God of Plod. Forgot about that gem. 

Great handcuff that is paying off for us Mostert owners. With news of Coleman being out and his only competition to carries being Jeff Wilson if he gets 15 + touches vs the Giants we could see big time numbers. 

• Like 1

The question is how does the backfield shakeout between Jerick and Wilson? Jerick has never come across as a guy who can handle the ball 15-20 times and run between the tackles. He's more of the Dion Lewis/James White type. Get him out in space and use him with limited touches. My guess is Wilson would see a lot of the goal line carries. But even with only 10-15 touches a game he can do some damage in the offense. Also got to keep in mind he may be running behind a backup QB which means more stacked boxes.

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

The question is how does the backfield shakeout between Jerick and Wilson? Jerick has never come across as a guy who can handle the ball 15-20 times and run between the tackles. He's more of the Dion Lewis/James White type. Get him out in space and use him with limited touches. My guess is Wilson would see a lot of the goal line carries. But even with only 10-15 touches a game he can do some damage in the offense. Also got to keep in mind he may be running behind a backup QB which means more stacked boxes.

Didn't they sign McKinnon two years ago to be the guy before they even picked up Mostert?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

It'll be a committee of sorts I think. Mckinnon if available is a priority add but I'd be surprised if he's thrown into much more than a 50-55% share but that's enough to be a very start able fantasy rb. Wilson will definitely be involved in my opinion 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Sounds like you don't think he's very good....?