Triston McKenzie 2020 Outlook

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh

With Cleveland, I would add a potted plant called up to start. 

Excellent analysis...   Didn't have control of the FB tonight despite the easy delivery. Seemed to aim it, rather than throw it all night. Curveball was filthy on many occasions, bottom just

Hmm interesting, if that's the case I might take a shot. With Clevinger and Plesac NA'd for who knows how long then Kenzie getting a call up, wonder if one of those guys is getting an early off-season or traded. 

The team has usually been money bringing up prospect SPs, seems like he's worth a shot if you have an add. Minors numbers looked great and gets a great first match-up with DET.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hgh22 said:

With Cleveland, I would add a potted plant called up to start. 

Yep.

Cleveland starting pitcher prospect

Right handed

Good Control

Strikeout/9 rate > 9.0

Minor league Career WHIP < 1.0

• Like 3

Was a Ytube clip of his first inning in the GD thread. Looks like he knows how to pitch, he appears to have pretty nice speed differential. Yes it was against DET but still a very great debut, possibly gets STL next.He has a pretty wiry frame, wonder how he'd hold up over a full season.

19 minutes ago, fredo_corleone said:

You think that either will be back soon?

Despite what Rotoworld keeps saying, there is likely no chance either are back before the maximum 20 days they can be out are up. It gives the Indians an extra year of control on both players.  Yes, they deserved to be suspended, but given how good their pitching has been as a whole, I don't blame them if they do end up choosing to cheat the system a bit.  They have 4 solid starters now counting McKenzie, so it's not like they need them back right now.  It would also make little sense for McKenzie;'s development to just have him either go back to their alternate training site or sit in the bullpen.

We'll see what happens obviously, but McKenzie definitely earned a spot in the rotation for the foreseeable future with tonight's fantastic debut.  Trade Plesac, or have him go in the bullpen if they don't want to let him go yet.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Despite what Rotoworld keeps saying, there is likely no chance either are back before the maximum 20 days they can be out are up. It gives the Indians an extra year of control on both players.  Yes, they deserved to be suspended, but given how good their pitching has been as a whole, I don't blame them if they do end up choosing to cheat the system a bit.  They have 4 solid starters now counting McKenzie, so it's not like they need them back right now.  It would also make little sense for McKenzie;'s development to just have him either go back to their alternate training site or sit in the bullpen.

We'll see what happens obviously, but McKenzie definitely earned a spot in the rotation for the foreseeable future with tonight's fantastic debut.  Trade Plesac, or have him go in the bullpen if they don't want to let him go yet.

Word. Thanks for that - great insights.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It's Clevinger they are most pissed at.  Clevinger basically lied by boarding that plane with the rest of his teammates making his crap even worse than Plesac's.  I mean Carrasco would have been on that flight too and he has a very serous underlying condition.  I doubt if Clevinger ever takes the mound for the Indians again.  Yankees big time want a pitcher at the trade deadline and Cleveland has one to send and needs position players.

Any way you slice it, McKenzie is here to stay.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1