NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keep Aaron Jones or pass?

I have Zeke as a 1st round keeper and AJ Brown as a 7th. I can keep one more player or just go with those 2. My best option is Aaron Jones as a 3rd. That's about a round later than his ADP. I am quite worried that his workload/goal line touches are going to be pretty scaled back since they also drafted Dillon in the 2nd. I can't see them using a 2nd on a guy to not utilize him as much as they can. They are the Packers, however, and a lot of what they do is confusing. As Jones would also be my RB2, the risk for me is not quite as high either. I will have the 8th pick in the draft and RB's that might be there are Drake, Ekeler, Sanders and Taylor. Should I risk it or just keep Jones and have a solid RB2?

1 minute ago, Olliemets said:

I say do it.. Drake and Sanders will finish higher than Jones imo, but you could even snag one of them anyway and put Jones in your flex at the price of a 3rd rounder.

Help?

Thanks. I was kind of thinking of that possibility as well. We just added a flex this year, so makes this more of an option.

17 minutes ago, laracco said:

Thanks. I was kind of thinking of that possibility as well. We just added a flex this year, so makes this more of an option.

Since you have a flex spot, I would keep Jones as well, then draft best available. Good couple of RB, solid flex & WR, is a good start to the team. GL!

9 hours ago, laracco said:

I will have the 8th pick in the draft and RB's that might be there are Drake, Ekeler, Sanders and Taylor. Should I risk it or just keep Jones and have a solid RB2?

I have similar questions about Aaron Jones (and I speak as a dynasty owner) but out of that list I think I like Drake and maybe Taylor better (Taylor is turning a lot of heads in Indy) and Ekeler less.

If you really think those are your options then I think I'd take the plunge, but it's also certainly not a bad thing to keep Jones.