NBC Sports Edge Forums

Draft Strategy from 9 (Standard) WHIR

I draft 9th in my big league tomorrow. My league is traditionally very RB heavy despite starting 3 WR. I really want to grab 2 RBs at 9 and 16 because I love the choices in the 3/4 with WR far more than RB. Also, the top 6-7 RBs usually score more than even the best WR in standard leagues. I am pretty positive of the 1st 8: CMC, Saquon, Zeke, Lamar (fanboy), Henry, Cook, CEH, Thomas/Kamara.

That leaves me 1 of Thomas/Kamara, Mixon, Sanders, Jacobs, Davante, Chubb, Tyreek as guys I'm considering with my next two picks. Candidly, I like Sanders the best, but I also think he has the best chance of falling to me at 16. Here are my plans:

1. Bite the bullet and take Sanders and get whoever falls to 16 (Likely Chubb or Tyreek)

2. Draft Mixon/Kamara (I have Mixon ranked slightly higher) and pray Sanders falls to 16

3. Draft Kamara at 9 and offer to trade him to whoever drafts Sanders (assuming that person likes Kamara more)

4. Draft Kamara and trade him to the 12/13 pick (who has owned him in leagues for year), hope you get Sanders + Mixon/Jacobs

Let me know your thoughts. All of these options are viable but I'm probably going to do option 2 and hope he falls.

I would definitely go Kamara if he's there at 9. Then if you really like Sanders at 16, and he's there, take him. If not, maybe Drake is there and that's a decent 2nd option. I prefer him over Sanders. PHI seems to always turn into some sort of committee. Drake has Edmunds behind him, but I would expect Drake to get a ton of work.

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Following, as I also have the #9 (out of 12, ppr) pick in 1 of my leagues. If I could get Kamara at 9, I would be very happy! 

Thoughts on taking CEH at 9, if Kamara & MT are taken, or would you go D Henry?

CEH in PPR over Henry for me.

• Like 1

I would take and keep Kamara at 9 if he falls that far its a steal!

Sanders could very well fall to 16 but even if he doesn't your still able to grab another decent RB there and i think its the best stratergy to go WR in the mid rounds as your planning on doing.

Kamara at 9 would be a stunner, but stranger things have happened. Sanders may slide with this mystery camp injury so I’d gamble on him in the 2nd round. 
So I had the 9th pick of 12 & decided to make sure I ended up with 2 versatile RB’s who get GL carries. At that those spots, it’s personal taste, but figured I’d be choosing between Jacobs, Mixon, Sanders, Chubb, AJones, Drake. Got Jacobs at 9, Mixon surprisingly slid to me at 16. CEH didn’t go until 17 in our league even with a few KC fanboys (rookie effect?) Hope this helps!

• Like 2

I'd be thrilled to get Kamara at nine.  Personally, I'd go Kamara/WR if it falls that way for you.  If you insist on a RB in the second, that's fine too.

Return the favor?

9 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Candidly, I like Sanders the best

Ok, but check his injury status, which is not the best. Also, Doug Pedersen.

9 hours ago, Olliemets said:

3. Draft Kamara at 9 and offer to trade him to whoever drafts Sanders (assuming that person likes Kamara more)

This is always a plan. Even if you get stuck with Kamara/Mixon (in your case I like Mixon), that's not a terrible thing.

• Like 1