NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Go Reynaldo! No fantasy shares, but just because I'm very concerned about him starting at Wrigley tonight. 

Can't do worse than Lester, who forgot he was in a game and not throwing BP (He does that once a year though).

2 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

David Fletcher leads off with a double and Maddon has La Stella sacrifice bunt?  What is this, the 1970s?  

LOL... I saw that. I think he did it on his own. He could have gotten a hit if he didn't bunt it so hard.

Max Scherzer is garbage. You don't have to K every batter, you don't have to challenge every hitter, news flash, your fast ball is very hit-able.

Edited by Topgun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mcbane said:

Man, these are the worst ab’s I’ve ever seen Soto have. He’s all out of sorts. Nothing concerning, just weird to watch. 

He came out of the gate super fast - I'm not surprised he's hit a bit of a wall. Hopefully he can work it out in the next few games - I think he will.

59 minutes ago, meh2 said:

The replacements for my injury replacements are now injured and need replacing. 2020 season is a war of attrition.

right - while the season is only a little over a 3rd as long, the same number of injuries as a full season will occur: 162-games-worth all densely packed into 2 months. Couldn't go any other way. 

7 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

how this triston kid look?

Tall, skinny dude that looks like he just turned 18. Fastball sitting 94-95, touched 97. Fastball looks like it gets on hitters quick, probably b/c he’s tall & lanky. Mixing in a curve, slider, and change all of which have shown flashes of being good secondaries. He doesn’t look nervous and he’s pounding the zone with strikes. 2nd time through the order coming up...

6 IP 1 ER 1 BB 1 H 10 Ks for Mckenzie, looks like the Tribe may have another stud. 

Edited by tonywow

Dobnak sucks...making KC look great. Better off grabbing every new pitcher 

21 minutes ago, Topgun said:

If so, does that mean  bye bye Clev ?

It seems like one of those things that makes too much sense that it won’t happen. Cleveland will need to free up payroll soon to try to re-sign Lindor and Clevinger is going to get pretty expensive the next 2 years. Trading him now should allow them to bring back a solid, young controllable position player. They’d still be able to run out a rotation of Bieber, Carrasco, Civale, Plesac, and McKenzie.