NBC Sports Edge Forums

23 minutes ago, Topgun said:

If so, does that mean  bye bye Clev ?

You never know I guess. If they were considering trading him I wonder if they will give him another start or hold him out and just trade him. If they keep him down screw with his service time then trade him away, that's a decent kick in the behind if they were to send him packing. I don't know that CLE would of given him the kind of contract he'd probably be asking for or market may set once he became a FA. With everything going on currently they might want to see what offers other teams are willing to dangle. 

6 minutes ago, meh2 said:

It seems like one of those things that makes too much sense that it won’t happen. Cleveland will need to free up payroll soon to try to re-sign Lindor and Clevinger is going to get pretty expensive the next 2 years. Trading him now should allow them to bring back a solid, young controllable position player. They’d still be able to run out a rotation of Bieber, Carrasco, Civale, Plesac, and McKenzie.

It's one start from an injury prone prospect against one of the worst lineups in the MLB. It was an exceptional debut though.

Edited by cdd10
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, exaulz said:

looks like he could have a better follow through. "punch the midget" with his elbow as my old pitching coach use to say lol. you should be in a fielding position when you follow through.

Edited by cdd10
3 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

It's one start from an injury prone prospect against one of the worst lineups in the MLB. It was an exceptional debut though.

It’s not about McKenzie’s solid start. It’s about trading from an area where you have a bit of a surplus to get cheaper (which is how the Indians operate) and addressing your biggest weakness (their outfield is one of the worst in baseball). I’m not advocating giving Clev away, they should only do it if they get fair value.

7 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Jose Abreu having a monster year. The guys teases you every year into thinking he's washed up and then nope, he gets his numbers.

White Sox really feel like this year's version of the 2019 Twins.

wRC+ is at 165 (ish). He did that way back in 2014. 

I think that not having to shoulder the entire offense has helped him a lot mentally this year. 

You guys trusting Sheffiled going ahead ?

Another really good start against TEX, that's coming off great starts facing COL/HOU. I was curious if any numbers/break down guys see something to it or if it just happens the dice have landed his way recently. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, meh2 said:

It’s not about McKenzie’s solid start. It’s about trading from an area where you have a bit of a surplus to get cheaper (which is how the Indians operate) and addressing your biggest weakness (their outfield is one of the worst in baseball). I’m not advocating giving Clev away, they should only do it if they get fair value.

I get what you are saying. I keep up with a bit of dynasty and Cleveland has some pretty good hitters in their system. I'd say keeping Clevinger would be a good investment.

24 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Jose Abreu having a monster year. The guys teases you every year into thinking he's washed up and then nope, he gets his numbers.

White Sox really feel like this year's version of the 2019 Twins.

One year he will not produce but he’s like Nelson Cruz in that I’ll try to own him every year til he does lose it 

Boring, Safe, but a virtual lock for .280+ 190+ R+RBI 30 HR 

Edited by tristan0823
Spelling
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Dobnak sucks...making KC look great. Better off grabbing every new pitcher 

Why do you think everyone sucks all the time?  I go out and look at the stats and he did just fine.

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Davies is going to get carved up tonight. 22 pitches after one and he was drowning.

Ditto.  He looks like he did just fine too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why do you think everyone sucks all the time?  I go out and look at the stats and he did just fine.

Ditto.  He looks like he did just fine too.

I agree. Dobnak is a pretty solid pitcher really. He's definitely not bad.

Edited by cdd10
  • Like 1