NBC Sports Edge Forums

Benny Snell 2020 Outlook

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Snell went scoreless because he had nobody to vulture.

Fantasy players tend to just go into total denial when they lose a player to injury.  (Yesterday a Michael Thomas owner told me to inject grape Fanta into my veins for suggesting Thomas couldn't "play

6 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

I'd imagine the Steelers will be careful with Conner, especially since he is partly high-risk due to the prior history of having cancer. Mike Tomlin also said he liked the way Snell played against the Ravens, despite not liking what he saw from the offensive line. Conner also hasn't necessarily stood out since September, so I imagine the Steelers would bw comfortable with Snell.

Conner was placed on Covid-Reserve on Saturday, November 28th (6 days ago). The Steelers-Redskins game is in 3 days. That means they'd have to activate Conner in under 3 days and rush him back, with likely no practice.

I'm going to bet on Snell being the starter on Monday. Rather than start both my tight ends (Goedert & Hockenson), I'll likely pick one on Sunday and throw Snell in my flex. And if Snell doesn't start, play Zack Moss against the 49ers on Monday night.

Just a heads up, regarding the bolded bit. Over 145 carries Conner is averaging 4.4 yards per carry. Over 73 carries, Snell is averaging...3.5 yards per carry, almost a yard less. Snell has also lost 2 fumbles over the course of his carries. Conner has lost one fumble, half as many, over twice as many carries. Conner also has 5 rushes of 20+ yards over his carries. Snell has 2, again, less than half (small sample size, of course). 

You make good points about Conner and the COVID reserve but Snell isn't replacing Conner based on any sort of rushing performance metrics. 

• Like 2

I picked him up for 5 percent of my FAB just to block other people from using him in case he manages a TD or two, which is possible. He stinks though, I don't see me ever starting him. If Conner is out longer he has value though. I'm a Terps fan and don't get why they refuse to use Mcfarland over him. That kid has Kamara-like skills. They should use him while he's young and healthy. 

looked "ploddy" out there on Wednesday ... saw no burst or pop or acceleration - very vanilla outing 🤷‍♂️

but he'll get the volume, it seems ... and volume is king up in this mutha. 

Spanky (McFarland) looked much more electric, but that ain't gonna matter for one shaved rat's nutsack, apparently. 

smoke 'em if ya got 'em, i guess.  

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

looked "ploddy" out there on Wednesday ... saw no burst or pop or acceleration - very vanilla outing 🤷‍♂️

but he'll get the volume, it seems ... and volume is king up in this mutha. 

Spanky (McFarland) looked much more electric, but that ain't gonna matter for one shaved rat's nutsack, apparently. 

smoke 'em if ya got 'em, i guess.  

I have to start him as a flex play.

He also grabbed three balls for 30+ yards which surprised me. That's gravy. And McFarland is clearly not a large part of the gameplan.

12 PPR points and he didn't get in the endzone. If he plunges in there this week he'll be in the 15-20 point range. 

What will absolutely kill me as a Conner owner is if he somehow manages to NOT score two weeks in a row because you know when Conner comes back and you start him, that's when Snell will score.

Has anyone heard anything on James Conner lately? Also was holding Snell to block others (this week), but wondering if there is any potential for him to make a splash in fantasy playoffs if Conner is somehow out more long term. Otherwise, would be better off picking up a more valuable playoff handcuff or defense before the games start.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

What happened to Ben?

• Big Ben was listed as DNP Thursday with a non-injury, and a knee issue was added to his status Friday and Saturday. He didn’t practice all week. Ben isn’t someone who has to practice to play, but we genuinely don’t seem to have much info on which way this one will go. Odds would seem to be in Ben’s favor for suiting up Monday night, however, based on previous history.

Dec 5, 2020, 4:37 PM ET

•  
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I have to start him as a flex play.

He also grabbed three balls for 30+ yards which surprised me. That's gravy. And McFarland is clearly not a large part of the gameplan.

12 PPR points and he didn't get in the endzone. If he plunges in there this week he'll be in the 15-20 point range. 

What will absolutely kill me as a Conner owner is if he somehow manages to NOT score two weeks in a row because you know when Conner comes back and you start him, that's when Snell will score.

yeah, no question he's a quality volume play ... he did outsnap Spanky 55-15, iirc, vs the RatBirds. 

... just looked very "meh" in doing so - but style pernts don't register in magick foosball, so - damn the torpedoes!

he'll be fine in the flex ✌

25 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, no question he's a quality volume play ... he did outsnap Spanky 55-15, iirc, vs the RatBirds. 

... just looked very "meh" in doing so - but style pernts don't register in magick foosball, so - damn the torpedoes!

he'll be fine in the flex ✌

What do you mean? He has a couple good runs and he also ran over Marcus Peters

1 minute ago, nb009 said:

Is Benny Snell a good hold beyond this week? Not as a handcuff but if there is any reason Conner would be out long term. I’m surprised we haven’t heard any updates here.

I been holding Snell since week 1. For obvious reasons. I would continue to hold. That said, Connor has held up alot longer than I anticipated compared to past years though. Very surprising 

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I been holding Snell since week 1. For obvious reasons. I would continue to hold. That said, Connor has held up alot longer than I anticipated compared to past years though. Very surprising 

I've dropped him, added Mcfarland, dropped him, added Snell again, dropped him, now he's back on my team. I'm gonna start Booker and Harris over him though unless we get some certainty on his situation. 

14 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Is Benny Snell a good hold beyond this week? Not as a handcuff but if there is any reason Conner would be out long term. I’m surprised we haven’t heard any updates here.

On cue, Adam Schefter just tweeted that Conner will be eligible to come off IR tomorrow but unlikely to play. Unclear to me whether he is just regurgitating the policy or if this means Conner’s condition has improved though. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1335603966420398081

I don’t see how he’s any different than any RB2 out there. We know he’ll get around 15 touches, it’s really a matter of it Pitt can get inside the 5 to get him a TD. 

Washington has good numbers against the run but look at the opponents and game script. Pitt should lead from the start and they have to run the clock out at some point like we saw with Baltimore

20 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Did anyone saw what happened?

Typical Steelers game with no attempt to run.  And with the game close there were no garbage time runs to close out the game.  Since he wasn’t able to score when they were inside the 5, Snells fantasy game was going to be bad