NBC Sports Edge Forums

Just now, scheibler said:

I've since come around onSutton, he's right behind Mclaurin now. Even though I have Hopkins ranked high I'd likely pass on him for a RB there bc I like alot of wrs late.

Sutton is someone I'm targeting as my WR2.  I think he's going to be very good.  

I'm normally WR heavy early (each league I'm in requires rostering 3 WR and no flex spot) but Sutton is one of the reasons I think I can grab a RB early and maybe even Kittle as well.  

I view him as a 5th round pick with potential for 2nd/3rd round value. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Juju 40th WR or lower is kind of strange, to say the least. 

Yes just one if those guys who's DND for me. Had him last year so know if big Ben goes down he's screwed. Has had some negative reports out of camp aswell. Lots of new options for Ben to target there too

Agree with Julio being #3 with a great chance to finish #1. I know he’s getting older but he should still have one or two elite years left in him. A lot of hype going to Ridley, and I think that is warranted, but the same arguments go for Julio. Would it surprise anyone if Julio leads the league in targets? I know, it’s said every single f*%#%^* year, but maybe he gets double digit TDs this year and if that happens, watch out. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

Agree with Julio being #3 with a great chance to finish #1. I know he’s getting older but he should still have one or two elite years left in him. A lot of hype going to Ridley, and I think that is warranted, but the same arguments go for Julio. Would it surprise anyone if Julio leads the league in targets? I know, it’s said every single f*%#%^* year, but maybe he gets double digit TDs this year and if that happens, watch out. 

I'd have no problem owning a Julio/Ridley stack this year. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Julio finished #1 overall or if Ridley finished above Godwin

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Unpopular, but Adams is my #1 WR this year. He missed a bunch of time last year and still put up 1000 yards. 

I just hate how TD dependent he is. Surprisingly he's only had 1 1k yard season ever

3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Unpopular, but Adams is my #1 WR this year. He missed a bunch of time last year and still put up 1000 yards. 

I like this call a lot.  Adams finished at 997 yards last year and finished around WR #20.  He scored about 10.8 fantasy points per game right around the same rate as guys like Hopkins, Hill and Cooper.  This was despite missing 4 games and playing on one of the luckiest 13 win teams (DVOA was one of the worst) and having the game script favor the running game.  GB had an absurd +14 turnover differential, a figure that's unsustainable with that defense that's averaged close to zero the last few years.  In nine games, they've faced these QBs (Trubisky twice,Flacco, Carr, Moore, Kyle Allen, Jimmy G, Haskins and David Blough- also if you want to throw in against Cousins twice where their running game chewed up a ton of clock in 2019 too).  That's hardly shootout material.  Even when they faced Prescott, GB had two Aaron Jones rushing TDs and took a 17-0 halftime lead and didn't have the need to pass.  The closest they got to a shootout in 2019 was the TNF game vs the Eagles against Carson Wentz.  Now onto 2020, besides the point differential, no additions to steal targets from Adams and also WRs like Lazard, MVS etc to provide some continuity, GB should be in more shootouts.  The first six qbs they face are Cousins, Stafford,Brees, Ryan, Brady and Watson.  They also have more favorable matchups the rest of the way (ie. JAX, CAR- teams with no defense).    GB is not winning 13 games again and their D cannot sustain that extremely high turnover differential to put their running game in that favorable game script like it was in 2019.  Rodgers will have to throw and as long as Adams stays healthy, he will be huge.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1