NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dynasty IDP rankings

Bmack21121

• 2 weeks later...

I go for tackles at DB(so safeties in particular) & LB. Depending on scoring I always go DL first because there tends to be only a few high scorers and if I miss on them I'll prioritize this spot the lowest and fill it out after with upside guys.

Edited by Spyplane

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Username bias again?

I thought we had moved past that.

You have redeemed yourself (somewhat ;) ) but this was a bit much from Panthers. Who has a sense of humor, so I assumed it was with a bit of a wink.

Burns is a good player (obviously picked at #16) and a break-out candidate but hardly top-3 on most IDP lists.

Jeremy Chinn is a guy I would seriously consider. He's a freak athlete and 6'3", 215ish. He has a DB designation but due to Luke Kuechly's retirement this rookie is going to be asked to play LB as well. He should rack up tackles like pac-man. He might be this year's Darius Leonard: a player low on most people's radar but who absolutely goes off because the planets aligned.

I always prioritize prolific tacklers at DB because they offer stable high production. They may not have the total explosion games but they are likely to lead their position in fantasy points while giving you something you can depend on week to week.

Edited by Spyplane
why tackles are most important

From his Fantasypros player note:

EXPERT NOTE

The departure of Eric Reid in free agency leaves a gaping hole at strong safety for Chinn to immediately fill. Reid put up monster numbers in that role last year and with Luke Kuechly retired, expect even more tackling opportunities to flow into the secondary. Chinn has elite speed for his position and is the frontrunner to lead all rookie secondary players in tackles. One of my favorite sleeper picks this year.

Ryan Sitzmann - The IDP Guru - 6 weeks ago

It'll be much easier to grab him now than later...

On 8/25/2020 at 2:17 AM, Panthers8912 said:

Depends on your scoring settings. If sacks are skewed, take Brian Burns. If blocks reward high bonuses, take burns. And if you like tds, take Brian Burns 

How many tackles are you estimating? In Yahoo he's a LB so he's probably not going to be a stud unless that changes.