NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hunter Renfrow 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

PPR Sleeper?

Check his Week 16 and 17 statlines from last year

Has a defined role as the Raiders slot WR, avoids shadow corners

Derek Carr loves to dump the ball off underneath

Year 2 could be a boom for him

Indeed. People will shy away because its the Raiders and Derek Carr “sucks”, but Renfrow is his guy underneath and should be gold in PPR leagues

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

What are the expectations for the forgotten guy in the Raiders’ passing game? Ruggs and Edwards are getting all the camp love, but I wonder if Renfrow will be able to carve out a useful role. 

What’s Carr’s optimal output?

32 attempts- complete 22-24 a fame

4-6 to tight ends, 4-6 to rbs. 10–12 remaining for receivers. 

If the raiders are a dark horse top 5 offense then we are all seriously sleeping on Carr right now as an elite fantasy qb.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Not been watching too closely - picked him up because I'm in a bit of a desperate WR hole. I know this week looks promising, but is there any chance he's solid bye-week cover?

He was basically a WR1 for half a season last year once he got rolling.  If he has another good game this week I'd expect him to be a top 25 WR until further notice.

• Like 1

This has developed nicely.

Carr is the jaggiest jag of all time. He is scared to throw downfield, the first few games were rough for hunter cause the raiders thought carr was going to spread it around to Ruggs and edwards and Jacobs and Waller so Renfrow got left outbut Carr has tunnel vision and gets scared in the pocket so he seldolmly gets to his 2nd or 3rd read. Thats why he zones in on Waller for 16 targets in a game, safer throws that don't challenge the defense deep. 

Now Ruggs and Edwards are hurt so Renfrow has become the main WR, he is not a deep threat WR so he fits perfect with Carr's dink and dunk style as does Waller. 

All in all this is a huge boom for Renfrow. Playing time is HUGe and Carr's predictable game makes Hunter a relatively safe ppr play.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mjb said:

Who will be starting with Renfrow in the slot? Looking at Zay Jones for deep leaguers.

Of course I am. The over under of this game is implied high...and WRs have done well against the Bills. Kupp WRECKED THEM last week from the slot. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I am worried it will be Darren Waller day against the Bills. They limited Higbie last week but Gesicki went off against them. 

I would not sweat it for Hunter. In the Gesicki game, both near stud level ILBs (Milano and Edmunds sat) and Gesicki is a big slot WR anyway. Higbee was bottled up because those BUF backers returned. The only obv weakness in Bills D is defended the slot receivers...fire up Renfrow

• Like 2
On 10/1/2020 at 7:02 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Of course I am. The over under of this game is implied high...and WRs have done well against the Bills. Kupp WRECKED THEM last week from the slot. 

Yup. Through 3 weeks, Buffalo has surrendered 23 catches on 32 targets for 296 yards and 2 TDs to slot receivers.

Week 3 (Kupp): 9/10, 107-1

Week 2 (Isaiah Ford): 7/9, 74

Week 1 (Crowder): 7/13, 115-1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

He's popped up on a lot of "sneaky start" lists this week. I've added him to my bench for depth, especially if Michael Thomas ends up not playing. 

Only thing about Renfrow is, I'm not sure he has much value once the other wideouts there get healthy.

52 minutes ago, Cord said:

He's popped up on a lot of "sneaky start" lists this week. I've added him to my bench for depth, especially if Michael Thomas ends up not playing. 

Only thing about Renfrow is, I'm not sure he has much value once the other wideouts there get healthy.

He doesn't make for a great bench stash.

Short term starter yeah maybe. Especially in PPR leagues

As you said, he loses major value once Ruggs + Edwards are back.

If Waller wasn't such an elite TE or have so many targets thrown his way, I might just feel differently.

But with that being said ... I just scooped him up off the waivers, need a WR3 for the week.

I wonder who Tre'Davious White will be shadowing. I'm guessing Zay Jones + a bit of Darren Waller

Edited by RunCMC
5 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Yup. Through 3 weeks, Buffalo has surrendered 23 catches on 32 targets for 296 yards and 2 TDs to slot receivers.

Week 3 (Kupp): 9/10, 107-1

Week 2 (Isaiah Ford): 7/9, 74

Week 1 (Crowder): 7/13, 115-1

Drink this in.  Huge numbers.  I don't even know who Isaiah Ford is and he went 7 for 74.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1