NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matthew Stafford 2020 Outlook

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Stafford reportedly out for Lions, ends consecutive starts streak at 136 games (Nov 2019) Eh? Stafford has a great reciving corps, TE, and will be in shoot-outs all year. Agreed he'l

Sean Peyton isn't going to let his golden boy go. Like it or not, Hill is your opening day QB for the Saints in 2021.  Plenty of suitors for Stafford. Niners already in the mix. I'm going to semi

Posted Images

6 hours ago, LAeagle said:

Thielen and Cook are not “similar” weapons. 

Yeah that is fact, but it is top heavy in MIN...DET, even without Kenny has a better WR collection and better TE...I think Swift can be pretty useful as a receiver if he hangs onto the ball. The MIN game plan was pretty bad, Thielen didn't get going until garbage time.

3 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

I hope he can be a top 12 QB ROS.  He has a great schedule coming up.  Lord knows I need it with drafting/dropped Wentz and my Mineshew start tonight.

This is why I drafted him and I still expect it to happen. Getting KG back this week, hopefully 100% healthy, will be the beginning of working towards that I think

• Like 1

FWIW I'm debating between Rodgers, Big Ben, Stafford or streaming Hebert.  I like Stafford more than Rodgers or Ben specifically because of the lack of run game in Det., but Hebert presents the unknown.  If Devante Adams practices today and gets on track, might change the story.  Tough to guess who is going to pop off for low end QB1 stats.

5 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

How does everyone feel now with KB not being 100%? 

Why is KB not 100%?  If they keep him out 2 weeks they are waiting until he is healthy to play.  If he plays i'd be confident.  If not i'd not play Stafford

5 hours ago, nosh0t said:

Why is KB not 100%?  If they keep him out 2 weeks they are waiting until he is healthy to play.  If he plays i'd be confident.  If not i'd not play Stafford

Because he said he's not 100%

image.png.742db1c0bfaf22c89d7c69598a14b7e0.png

Edited by humanpuck
4 hours ago, LAeagle said:

Picked up Goff for the stream but this now looks to be the better option since Lions run game is non existent

Goff and Stafford will prob end up with the same total of points by the end of the day right? I’m in the same position but I’m keeping Goff due to the fact Stafford has a bye next week and Goff can be used for the next 3/4 weeks. 

24 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Goff and Stafford will prob end up with the same total of points by the end of the day right? I’m in the same position but I’m keeping Goff due to the fact Stafford has a bye next week and Goff can be used for the next 3/4 weeks. 

NYG @ LAR should be a blowout, which could mean he throws for 200 yards and a td or 2 then they run the ball for 3 quarters.  NOS @ Det has the potential to be a shootout with NO D missing their top 2 corners.

Edited by humanpuck

Anyone seriously expecting Stafford to break out and have a good or best game of the year thus far vs NO ?

He's been rather lackluster so far, of course he's been without KG until last week. Not sure what to expect today. Stafford has been just against NO in his career 11TD/9INT, it's anyone's guess what he does today. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Anyone seriously expecting Stafford to break out and have a good or best game of the year thus far vs NO ?

He's been rather lackluster so far, of course he's been without KG until last week. Not sure what to expect today. Stafford has been just against NO in his career 11TD/9INT, it's anyone's guess what he does today. 

Thinking (and hoping) he has his best game of the year today. The stars have aligned, especially with so many of the Saints' meaningful defensive players out (Lattimore, Jenkins, Davenport, etc.). 

Thank God the positive covid test was a false negative. We get to at least enjoy this Stafford matchup this week. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hoping they used the BYE week to really dial it in. Lots of reasons to be optimistic imo. Starting with JAC this week and ATL next.

According to pro football reference he leads the league with 9% of his passes dropped on the season.