NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[ To set expectations for those who didn't see the GDT yesterday (and as as reminder to those who did but chose to ignore the guidance therein) the RW forums staff doesn't have the bandwidth to moderate a debate about the merits of teams boycotting games to protest police shootings or any other "outside the lines" issues.  Obviously, these events have an impact on the sport, and to the extent that they do, updates about postponed games and other things that directly affect the fantasy game are allowed here, as will the usual GDT chatter about the games in progress.  What will not be tolerated is any debate about the issues that led to players choosing to sit out.  These are important issues, and they deserve a robust discussion in the venues that can support them, but this is not one of those venues.  Members who choose to ignore this guidance will have their posting privileges suspended. ]

Lamet sucks...no name Seattle pitcher is better than him against a better offense

needs to change his name to lamest 

Edited by Dr. Whom
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You lack evidence to support this claim while there is in fact a good amount of evidence to support quite the opposite. Regardless, I don't believe this is within the stated goals of this thread, so n

Cancel the f'n season. I'm so done with this

Down 4 with two outs and score 7. Thats why you can swing 3-0 with the bases juices

According to MLB Network, the Tigers and Twins have opted not to play Thursday.

It's the third scheduled MLB game that will not take place on Thursday, as the Nationals and Phillies and Athletics and Rangers are also going to sit out in solidarity with those fighting for social justice. Matthew Boyd was set to face off against Randy Dobnak at Comerica Park in Detroit.

Aug 27, 2020, 4:04 PM ET
27 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

I think with LeBron pulling a 180 it's safe to say today's postponements will likely be the last. Maybe a few more tomorrow, but I doubt MLB teams keep striking as the NBA comes back this weekend.

I'm really curious as to what was happening behind the scenes. I'm sure folks from Nike, Disney, the NBA, etc. all reached out to him but its such a strong 180. 

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Almost getting to that point.  Like I said yesterday, I get it, but when you're also dealing with a pandemic that has already almost wrecked team's seasons, can you really afford to refuse to play games?

Hey, at least some of my pitchers finally get to pitch... Go Gray!  Go Sixto!

Plus just forcing more double headers or skipped games that may not matter in the post season race. 

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, I thought of the whole extra doubleheaders things as well.  Just didn't bother mentioning it, but yeah, teams are already going to playing a ton of doubleheaders.  Granted they aren't one of the protesting teams, but the Mets play 5 games in 3 days after today.

This might be it for the protesting.  If not, then some teams likely won't even get their 60 games in, and a lot of the whole debate about even getting this season started was about money.  Don't play 60 games because of useless in the end protesting and the pandemic, and you don't get all of your money.

You lack evidence to support this claim while there is in fact a good amount of evidence to support quite the opposite. Regardless, I don't believe this is within the stated goals of this thread, so not sure why a mod of all people is trying to open this can of worms again.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

You lack evidence to support this claim while there is in fact a good amount of evidence to support quite the opposite. Regardless, I don't believe this is within the stated goals of this thread, so not sure why a mod of all people is trying to open this can of worms again.

Sorry, I apologize.  I will stop and delete my posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

FWIW the NBA only postponed tonight's 3 games but ESPN's Woj is reporting that they will resume play by as soon as tomorrow. So it sounds like the NBA will resume which leads me to believe that there will not be a mass boycotting of baseball. Maybe some games don't get played today but I'm more confident they will at this point than I was an hour ago.

Perspective before Saturday's game: - Page 17

• Haha 1

these players should think about all the cardboard fans that paid money to attend the game. mets-marlins arent gonna play. theres been no lineups announced and neither starting pitcher has warmed up. and the game is supposed to start in less than 10 minutes

28 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

So, apparently the Marlins want to play and the Mets don't.

This is not a sport anymore, this is a circus.

I would hope Miami of all teams is willing to be flexible and work with other squads after their blatantly irresponsible shenanigans earlier in the season screwed other teams.