JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.49erswebzone.com/news/amp-141414/

Excerpt from the article::

"I heard you talk about RB JaMycal Hasty, his first, I don't know NFL play, maybe against the Giants and he got that pass. Obviously, he was thrown into the fire. Friday, how much trepidation did you have? Obviously with a guy like that, just a rookie, like don't fumble. Did you give him any messages or was it just like, all right, he's got this?

"No. I rarely do with guys like that. You don't want to go up and tell guys not to fumble it. To me, if someone told me that, it would make me pretty insecure that the head coach is expecting that you're going to fumble. Probably wouldn't put him in if I had to tell him that. I've got a lot of confidence in him, how he carries himself every day. You can tell he's got confidence in himself and so I don't think he would need that. That's why we don't hesitate to put him in.""

MORE ::

Who gets bumped up with Mostert going on IR? Who takes over his roster spot?

"We haven't decided yet, especially finding out this stuff with Jimmie Ward, but that's stuff we get to discuss all the way until one tomorrow. Got a long plane ride here to discuss that, but some things we've had to shuffle around here a little bit with that injury happening to Jimmie yesterday and just confirming that he's going to be out. So, you'll probably have a good idea by one on Saturday."

TRENT WILLIAMS RETURNS THIS WEEK SO WHO KNOWS HOW THUS WILL SHAKE OUT

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Sounds like only another week until Kyle Shanahan's adopted son Tevin Coleman is back, though.

It might not even get to that point. If Jeff Wilson returns this week Hasty is a cut. 

I want Hasty to be a thing as much as everyone else singing his praises in here -- this is the 2nd time this season I've rostered him. I believe his only shot at 2020 value is to outplay McKinnon in a 2-man backfield this week, and then earn more work next week and so on. If Wilson, McKinnon and Hasty are active there will not be enough work to go around for all three to be fantasy viable. As meh as Jeff Wilson can seem he's actually a great receiver and trusted goal line/pass pro guy. The ceiling to this play is very real but the chances of him hitting are quite low. I'll see myself out and be sure to call myself a kill joy in the mirror...

Edited by Jetdog16
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

It might not even get to that point. If Jeff Wilson returns this week Hasty is a cut. 

I want Hasty to be a thing as much as everyone else singing his praises in here -- this is the 2nd time this season I've rostered him. I believe his only shot at 2020 value is to outplay McKinnon in a 2-man backfield this week, and then earn more work next week and so on. If Wilson, McKinnon and Hasty are active there will not be enough work to go around for all three to be fantasy viable. As meh as Jeff Wilson can seem he's actually a great receiver and trusted goal line/pass pro guy. The ceiling to this play is very real but the chances of him hitting are quite low. I'll see myself out and be sure to call myself a kill joy in the mirror...

not a kill joy at all, man - it's productive to have salient counterpoints that delve deeper than "THIS SCRUB SUCKS ZOMG!!!1!1!!1!"

👍

anyone taking the spec on Ja'Crispy is also taking the risk on the baked in facacta Shannanigans - it be what it be. 

but i'm here because i think this kid has a next level OOOOMPH! that is woefully absent in this backfield without Mustard.  

i am optimistic for tomorrow ... i expect this kid to make his mark. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

not a kill joy at all, man - it's productive to have salient counterpoints that delve deeper than "THIS SCRUB SUCKS ZOMG!!!1!1!!1!"

👍

anyone taking the spec on Ja'Crispy is also taking the risk on the baked in facacta Shannanigans - it be what it be. 

but i'm here because i think this kid has a next level OOOOMPH! that is woefully absent in this backfield without Mustard.  

i am optimistic for tomorrow ... i expect this kid to make his mark. 

Just don't wanna Ja'Make people feel bad about this hype train rocket ship

Have the dude in both my leagues might have to drop in one due to bigger issues. Best of luck to Mr. Hasty and everyone rostering the guy. Hopefully It's just him and Old' Man McKinnon this week and he runs circles around the guy. 

Edited by Jetdog16

Two really nice developments on RW regarding Hasty from today.

First, RW blurb quotes Shanahan saying there is an outside chance Tevin Coleman could be active in week 8.  Then the blurb writer opines that Coleman will return as the starter.  Huh?  It is barely possible that Coleman will even be active, yet he'll be the lead runner?  

Second, in Mensio's sit/start column, he says Mckinnon is a sit, and that Hasty and Wilson are even worse plays because they will be fighting for scraps behind McKinnon in a tough matchup at New England.  I always cringe when Mensio names one of my guys the Start of the Week because that player then almost always falls on his face.  This is just the opposite!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Two really nice developments on RW regarding Hasty from today.

First, RW blurb quotes Shanahan saying there is an outside chance Tevin Coleman could be active in week 8.  Then the blurb writer opines that Coleman will return as the starter.  Huh?  It is barely possible that Coleman will even be active, yet he'll be the lead runner?  

Second, in Mensio's sit/start column, he says Mckinnon is a sit, and that Hasty and Wilson are even worse plays because they will be fighting for scraps behind McKinnon in a tough matchup at New England.  I always cringe when Mensio names one of my guys the Start of the Week because that player then almost always falls on his face.  This is just the opposite!

I don't disagree with either of your points.

Similarly, when everyone in the RW forums is hyping up the same guy I get a bit nervous. I mean, I understand in the case where an unknown blows up and then everybody flocks to their waiver wire to get him. But usually when everyone is following the rest of the little fish on a hype play/lotto ticket it ends up a bust of a scenario. 

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

I don't disagree with either of your points.

Similarly, when everyone in the RW forums is hyping up the same guy I get a bit nervous. I mean, I understand in the case where an unknown blows up and then everybody flocks to their waiver wire to get him. But usually when everyone is following the rest of the little fish on a hype play/lotto ticket it ends up a bust of a scenario. 

... the beauty of the Ja'Crispy hype was that it was swallowed whole by the Tsunami that was the AB speculation and subsequent signing. 

sure, the hype is heavy up in here, but this is still an under the radar/handwaved kinda play to the hoi polloi. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... the beauty of the Ja'Crispy hype was that it was swallowed whole by the Tsunami that was the AB speculation and subsequent signing. 

sure, the hype is heavy up in here, but this is still an under the radar/handwaved kinda play to the hoi polloi. 

Most definitely under the radar, I'm hoping for the best but we all know how things could turn out, the hype train will either derail or take off, the kid looks great.

If wilson is active I'm still hesitant to start hasty so good luck to us all tomorrow, may the fantasy gods bless us with an RB2 moving forward

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Most definitely under the radar, I'm hoping for the best but we all know how things could turn out, the hype train will either derail or take off, the kid looks great.

If wilson is active I'm still hesitant to start hasty so good luck to us all tomorrow, may the fantasy gods bless us with an RB2 moving forward

yep, Wilson's the linchpin - let's get some action tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

I am starting him over (horrible match-ups) CEH and Jacobs...! 😱😱

Dude that's freakin bold. I dont care if Jacob's went against an all time great defense team on Madden, I would still play Jacobs over Hasty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wilson expected to play - that’s enough to maybe back off on starting him. Anyone still going to roll with him? I think I put him behind AJ Dillon, Tre’Quan Smith and a few other fringe guys some folks may have to use due to injuries / byes.

McKinnon leading and Jeff Wilson back this week, Shanny's guy Coleman back next week, and Mostert bumping them all down when he returns. Even if you like Hasty's talent from the 9 carries for 37 yards you've seen, just seems like there's too many chefs in the kitchen for him to be productive. 

Starting him over CEH over Jacobs is insane to me, but hey I guess it's fantasy football anything can happen

I'm starting over Damien Harris in a ppr. Hoping Wilson is the #3 and Jet and Hasty are at least 50/50. I think Hasty will get plenty of passing work against that tough NE defense. Here goes nothing. Didn't know this guy existed 2 weeks ago now I'm 3 FAB dollars broker and he's cracked my lineup! Anyway, thanks (I think?) Roto forums.

• Like 1