JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cardiak said:

Fournette was supposedly let go because of the talent James flashed back in camp. If Hasty is so good, why is he just now getting involved 8 weeks in AFTER multiple injuries? 

The players ahead of Hasty were bigger and stronger and had more NFL experience and experience in Shanahan's system.

Like Tevin Coleman, who will likely start as soon as he is ready.

But Coleman might not be ready by Sunday.

2 hours ago, Cardiak said:

Fournette was supposedly let go because of the talent James flashed back in camp. If Hasty is so good, why is he just now getting involved 8 weeks in AFTER multiple injuries? 

Did you consider maybe the injuries mentioned in your question is the answer to your question?

Rookie RBs regularly emerge later in the year after their vet counterparts begin to breakdown. Believing James Robinson can go undrafted and be talented but JaMycal Hasty cannot, simply because Robinson saw the field sooner (also due to health issues striking the team's other RBs) is a garbage take. If anything, Robinson's success should give us confidence in the depth of the 2020 RB class and Hasty's ability to make an impact.

I like what I've seen from Robinson, but let's not forget what kinda team he plays for. The Jags knew their season was toast before it began and cut Fournette to change the culture of their locker room and develop their young talent (not just Robinson). On the other hand, the 49ers are the defending NFC champions, with continued success built on running the football. No rookie RB (let alone an undrafted one) was going to be handed the starting job for this team in week 1 - not when the vets in the room were the ones that carried the team to a near Super Bowl win 7 months prior.

Of course, it remains to be seen what Hasty can do going forward. From what I've seen on film, it appears Hasty is already one of the better talents on this team. It's probably fair to question just how well he understands the offense since he has seen no more than 15 snaps in a game, but his usage when he is on the field (58% touch rate... greater than James Robinson's 45% touch rate) shows me the team recognizes his special abilities and is eager to get him involved. I'm dying to find out what he can do with a bigger Shanahan load.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Cardiak said:

If we are going to use what happens on a Doug Marrone coached team as the standard for what should happen in other teams it's going to be a looooong day.

Fact is different coaches make decisions different and it isn't always the best talent that wins out. Coach may not full trust players to carry out assignments in their systems, mentally a player may not be ready, and the guys ahead were no slouches. 

It's hardly unusual for a rookie to not play much in the first half of a season.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Same here. Hasty's looked great with a little load -- but I can't help but fantasize what it would be like for Shanahan to reveal his load to his us and have it be a big one. It's gotta be quick too cause Coleman is coming and his load size is also TBD. To be honest this whole thing is looking like a sticky situation but it's gonna be so satisfying after it's all been doled out

That's what she said

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Same here. Hasty's looked great with a little load -- but I can't help but fantasize what it would be like for Shanahan to reveal his load to his us and have it be a big one. It's gotta be quick too cause Coleman is coming and his load size is also TBD. To be honest this whole thing is looking like a sticky situation but it's gonna be so satisfying after it's all been doled out

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Shanny wants a vet to take the lead.  He threw Wilson out there last week after being questionable.  My money is on Coleman getting the nod against Seattle.  In the long run it may work out, because Coelman may underwhelm yet again.

You keep doubling down on this, but the reality is there's very little chance Coleman plays. Not this week at least.

42 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

You keep doubling down on this, but the reality is there's very little chance Coleman plays. Not this week at least.

With the way he imployed wilson last week I don't blame him

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

That's called "load management". 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

spacer.png

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

How many times have I fantasized about a big Shanny load just to have him take a smelly load on my roster?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Wilson was questionable all week last week.  And Wilson was actually limited in practice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday leading up to the New England game.

I thought for sure it was going to be Hasty's week v. New England.  I was wrong.  Not only was Wilson active, but Shanahan ran Wilson out there on one leg until he got hurt again.  He tends to do that, and get players reinjured.  

I hope you are correct.  I would love to see Hasty unleashed on Seattle in three days.  But Shanahan likes to keep his opponents, and us, guessing.

19 hours ago, munygon2 said:

This just seems crazy to me. Even if he was promised something that's no guarantee. It takes some brass balls to turn down more money to be on a real roster for what might become something down the line on a team with stacked running backs and stay on the practice squad.

53 minutes ago, Tenner said:

We’ve yet to see Hasty get to the edge either. He could very well pop a good one down the sideline. Food for thought. 

I’m trying hard to find the innuendo here...did you not get the memo, sir? 

9 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I’m trying hard to find the innuendo here...did you not get the memo, sir? 

It was low key. I brought ‚Äúedging‚ÄĚ to the table and him popping one off once he gets there.¬†

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This thread is getting super weird and you should all be ashamed of yourselves...

Do you think the 9'ers have Tight Ends more capable of blocking Hasty's load or should he direct the load towards a wide receiver?

• Like 1