JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, hard1 said:

In what way is this guy biased?

He's a columnist and gets paid to produce content centered around his opinions on the team. I know Grant is a pretentious doosh but he has good football knowledge and insight if you look past his rampant exuberance and optimism. 

4 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

In what way is this guy biased?

He's a columnist and gets paid to produce content centered around his opinions on the team. I know Grant is a pretentious doosh but he has good football knowledge and insight if you look past his rampant exuberance and optimism. 

I appreciate his opinions but to say he is already one of the best on the team but has yet to garner a lot of playing time just seems biased...im in on the train but I don't need the smoke...I need the engine rammed down someone's throat 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I appreciate his opinions but to say he is already one of the best on the team but has yet to garner a lot of playing time just seems biased...im in on the train but I don't need the smoke...I need the engine rammed down someone's throat 

I don't think it's bias dude just gets way too excited.

Grant is like a fan who gets paid to make 49ers content. Sometimes he gets ahead of himself -- totally agree with you that it's premature to call Hasty one of the team's best players. It's also within the realm of possibility that his statement comes true. Mostert developed into one of the 49ers best players last season and it's possible the same could happen for Hasty.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

I don't think it's bias dude just gets way too excited.

Grant is like a fan who gets paid to make 49ers content. Sometimes he gets ahead of himself -- totally agree with you that it's premature to call Hasty one of the team's best players. It's also within the realm of possibility that his statement comes true. Mostert developed into one of the 49ers best players last season and it's possible the same could happen for Hasty.

Yea, it's not bias.  Hasty isn't his family member or friend (from my knowledge).  The columnist just likes the skillset he's seen from the kid.  I don't think OP understands what "bias" is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Right in the beginning of this video Shanahan states Coleman is most likely week 9 in GB, but still holding out for this week. Sounds very doubtful.

Also talks about Hasty's journey to the active roster and him attempting to be signed by other teams.

https://youtu.be/yvz3C7HVrjU

Edited by Dirtywater97

I'm sticking with the plan of starting no one in this backfield if Coleman (I have him IR'd) starts. If Coleman sits I'm going to be very tempted to start Hasty over McKinnon. The difference between this week and last week for me is the tastiness of the matchup - although I may have overestimated the Patriots' D. They were lit up in spectacular fashion. 

I'm really just kind of hoping Coleman starts - sure would be easier for me. 

I'm hearing that Coleman sucks in here - it's way too soon for me to come to that conclusion just yet. Yeah he looked bad before he got hurt earlier this year. It could be because he was already injured for all anyone knows at this point. He's 27 it's not like he's ancient. He's Shanny's boy which is not a small thing to mention - there's a trust thing there.

Long story short - if he starts it complicates things way beyond what I care to deal with.

EDIT - I just saw this in Daugherty's Rankings - he clearly begs to differ (as I'm sure many in the HASTY thread do):

Jeff Wilson’s ankle has landed him on I.R. right as Tevin Coleman (ankle) resumes practicing. Even if Coleman gets the go-ahead vs. Seattle, JaMycal Hasty is the clear Niners back to start this week.

Edited by SuperJoint
7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I do think Hasty is a hold however despite if Coleman plays or not...lots of injuries in front of him. 

100% correct imo. I just think it's too soon and after being annihilated by the McKinnon situation last week I want to see how this plays out,

• Like 1

Shannahan does rush has running backs to return from injury quickly, and they often get hurt again.  It is all quite predictably unpredictable.  I will start Hasty if Coleman is inactive.  

Maybe they will tell Rapoport something like "Coleman active but will play only in an emergency" then Coleman gets 25 carries.

10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Shannahan does rush has running backs to return from injury quickly, and they often get hurt again.  It is all quite predictably unpredictable.  I will start Hasty if Coleman is inactive.  

Maybe they will tell Rapoport something like "Coleman active but will play only in an emergency" then Coleman gets 25 carries.

i wonder if he rushes them or they do it to themselves knowing there's 14 other RBs on that roster who can get 15 touches 1 game and 1 the next. Maybe it's pressure to get on the field and not get buried on the depth chart. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1