Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Hasty's fantasy relevance is hanging on by a thread. He needs to split the work with just one of McKinnon/Coleman this week, perform well and then do it again next week. At that point we're also talking about Mostert and Wilson potentially returning soon. Feels like best case scenario is 1-2 spot starts from this dude.  Love this guys talent and all but I'm bending over backwards trying to project any tangible long term fantasy value.

 

Trade deadline approaching.

 

SF can't put Hasty back on practice squad without subjecting him to waivers.

 

Trade maybe? SF has too many RBs, they could and should trade one. 

 

If it was me I'd be trying to ship off coleman and keep misery, hasty, mckinnon wilson.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Trade deadline approaching.

 

SF can't put Hasty back on practice squad without subjecting him to waivers.

 

Trade maybe? SF has too many RBs, they could and should trade one. 

 

If it was me I'd be trying to ship off coleman and keep misery, hasty, mckinnon wilson.

Good point -- Hasty's spot on the active roster is probably safe. If he continues to perform he could carve out a role ROS. I envision that role providing just enough value to be on fantasy rosters though. I believe Hasty's ROS fantasy value is more dependent on Mostert than anyone else. If Raheem can get healthy this year the job is his but if not Hasty looks like the most likely to step into that role. Wilson further complicates things as he's legit talented...not worried about Coleman and McKinnon too much.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Good point -- Hasty's spot on the active roster is probably safe. If he continues to perform he could carve out a role ROS. I envision that role providing just enough value to be on fantasy rosters though. I believe Hasty's ROS fantasy value is more dependent on Mostert than anyone else. If Raheem can get healthy this year the job is his but if not Hasty looks like the most likely to step into that role. Wilson further complicates things as he's legit talented...not worried about Coleman and McKinnon too much.

 

 

 

Wilson has been with SF 3 years I think. He has been dropped and added back to practice squad half a dozen times, I think they are fine hoping to stash him on the practice squad.

 

If it were me I'd want Mostert/Hasty as my top 2 with mckinnon or coleman as backup with wilson on practice squad but I'd trade coleman or mckinnon in a heartbeat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Trade deadline approaching.

 

SF can't put Hasty back on practice squad without subjecting him to waivers.

 

Trade maybe? SF has too many RBs, they could and should trade one. 

 

If it was me I'd be trying to ship off coleman and keep misery, hasty, mckinnon wilson.

And what trade value do you believe Tevin Coleman currently has?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CroNY said:

All this back and forth, watch Aiyuk and Juszczyk score all the rushing TD’s this week 😅.. all jokes aside the different variables of what can happen rushing distribution wise this week with Hasty and Coleman are wide ranging, I don’t see how you can count on either, but with bye weeks I understand some may be forced. 

I’m thinking the only managers that would be forced with bye weeks would be deep 12 teamers or higher. I’m fine throwing him in my flex in a deep 12. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HooDat said:

Coleman still hasn't been activated and that leaves only Hasty and "Tired Legs" McKinnon this week

I think Hasty is going to be eating good against the Seahawks

 

Does anyone know if there is a deadline for activation from IR?

Edit: has to be announced by Saturday afternoon.  Thanks to a previous poster for the info.

Edited by rschroeder1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HooDat said:

Coleman still hasn't been activated and that leaves only Hasty and "Tired Legs" McKinnon this week

I think Hasty is going to be eating good against the Seahawks


Let’s pray that he’s not activated this week. If he plays, I’m going to have to pivot to Justin Jackson bc I’m in bye week hell 😭

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jordan Coppington said:


Let’s pray that he’s not activated this week. If he plays, I’m going to have to pivot to Justin Jackson bc I’m in bye week hell 😭

 

4 minutes ago, rschroeder1 said:

 

I'm in the same exact situation.  I think we both need counseling.

same.  group therapy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 As Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports points out, all practice squad players make $8,400 a week. A promotion to the 53-man roster comes with a weekly pay increase to $35,882.

 

Man, I'm in the wrong field. A practice squad player sounds like a nice career. 😂

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasty is smart.  He is thinking long term.  Joining another team could result in a temporary pay raise.  But, on the 49ers, with this coach, there is a possibility Hasty could become a superstar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hasty is smart.  He is thinking long term.  Joining another team could result in a temporary pay raise.  But, on the 49ers, with this coach, there is a possibility Hasty could become a superstar.

Exactly!! That’s what we’ve been saying . 
- so everyone hold their Twinkie’s and wait and see. Most investing are 12 team and up anyway and can afford to watch. Or play as flex 

Edited by Bugs bunny
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Exactly!! That’s what we’ve been saying . 
- so everyone hold their Twinkie’s and wait and see. Most investing are 12 team and up anyway and can afford to watch. Or play as flex 

 

BINGO!

would love if Coleman sat, would prolly tilt me to starting Ja'Crispy vs SeaHags ... but this is more or less a longer play for me - 12 teamer, heading to the playoffs - i can let him marinate this week if Coleman goes. 

the spec here is waiting for the talent to win out - i've said it before up in here, and i'll keep saying it: THIS KID JUMPS OFF THE SCREEN. 

he is easily the most explosive and dangerous back they have atm ... with Deebo and MostHurt down there is a lack of OOOOMMPH! behind Ayooook and Kibbles n' Bits. 

they turn around real quick for a Toisday night scrap with the Pack, then travel to N'awlins,  before their bye ... this team needs playmakers in the worst way - there is no #letJimmycook movement out there, know whut i'm sayin'?

if Coleman suits on Sunday, fine ... Hasty will still get some burn, and i believe it'll be enough to wrest the lead gig away - it's not a question of if, but when. 

saw a piece with Florio and Peter King yesterday ... King said that by the end of Sunday's game everybody is gonna know this kid's name ... he was gushing over ol' Ja'Crispy here. 

King said he spoke to JimmyG after the Hoodie game, and that the one thing JG was most impressed with was how Bobby Turner was coaching Hasty right up 'til the end ... how he would sit with him and go over the plays after each drive - so, yeah ... that caught the QBs eye, no doubt. 

think we're sittin' on something special, fellas ... patience is key.  

patience. 

it can begin in earnest if Coleman sits ... but we gonna grab this gig, regardless. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...