JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Eh, I think Mostert has shown he can't shoulder the whole load with these constant injuries. I believe there is an opportunity for him to carve out a permanent role if he continues to perform. 

Not gonna argue on Mostert's talent level though.

Mostert played all 16 games last season. He’s got injured his first real season getting carries with a freak broken arm. This year once he gotten bitten by Met Life’s Turf and the ankle a few weeks ago. I’ve seen em all and I tend to think just bad luck more then injury prone. At the end of the day I was nothing more then Hasty to be a headline name. Personally I just fee in regards to fantasy this isn’t the same opportunity James Robinson is getting. Hasty looks awesome, but fantasy wise opportunity and scheme usually are the best plays. 

• Haha 2

As we all wait for tomorrow's game to give us some clarity I will throw out my predictions...Tevin Coleman gets the ceremonial start -- Hasty leads the way on early downs with 14 carries for 50 yards, 2 receptions 19 yards. Coleman in on third downs, 40 total yards and 3-4 receptions and good chance of scoring at least one TD as the goal line back. McKinnon mostly on the bench might see a few touches. I believe this is the most likely outcome, though could also see a Tevin Coleman feature back F-U shanahanigans type of day. 

• Like 1

Shanny might pull a Jeff Wilson with Coleman and run the sh*t out of him straight off the IR, then just move on to the next RB after he's hurt again.

I've got Hasty and Coleman and have no idea what to do. Watch it be a McKinnon game just to screw everyone over.

See you guys in the Vent thread Sunday night. 

• Haha 4

So during this time that Coleman was on IR, what was he doing to stay in shape? Was he allowed to do any form of practice?

What if him being active has more to do with him having more of a backup role than McKinnon? I don't think we need to be worried about McKinnon. I think McKinnon has been phased out. Last week, did Wilson come off IR?

I don't know what the stipulations are for a player on IR but let's just hope Coleman is way out of shape and is just there to take McKinnon's role and allow Hasty to be the Jeff Wilson of last week (minus the injury).

37 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Shanny might pull a Jeff Wilson with Coleman and run the sh*t out of him straight off the IR, then just move on to the next RB after he's hurt again.

I've got Hasty and Coleman and have no idea what to do. Watch it be a McKinnon game just to screw everyone over.

See you guys in the Vent thread Sunday night. 

You just summed up the entire Coleman and Hasty situation perfectly. I’ll see you in the vent my brother 🤣

I can definitely envision Coleman out-touching Hasty given his vet status and Shanny's big time trust in the guy from their many seasons together, however, I just do not see "Jet" being a factor in this backfield anymore.  The "tired legs" bit is basically Shanny's coach-speak excuse for what we can all see with our eyes in the game, that McKinnon is complete and utter toast.  He's lost all of his burst and agility that were his trademarks and basically only strengths as a runner.  Shanny doesn't need much but what he does need from his RB is some pop and speed to take advantage of the huge holes that are opening up from this line and his scheme.  There's a reason Jet's been completely phased out in favor of Jeff Wilson who is a complete JAG and an undrafted rookie who looks good in Hasty.  I might be wrong but I think we'll all see after tomorrow that McKinnons basically done being a factor in this offense and it's going to be a split of some kind between Coleman and Hasty.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I should say I’m not starting any Niners today. Lol.... Opposing defensive coordinators have no clue what Kyle will do. How the F will we know? 😆

Haha! Great point!!!

Go NINEERRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I love Hasty's long term prospects but I am going to go with Coleman today as a TD-or-bust dart throw.  I expect Seattle to score points, preventing Shanny from pounding the run as usual.

I have Hasty and McKinnon, Coleman is on the wire, I took a goose egg from McKinnon last week. I don’t know how anyone is starting any of these guys this week with confidence. If SF would have just reported McKinnon as injured last week things could be easier, I have no idea what’s going on there. I’d bet whoever I might pick to start will be the bench warmer. 

The hurdle is going to be if Coleman gets off to a hot start. Shanny is probably going to feed Coleman early on to see where his legs are - Hasty will gradually become more involved as the game progresses into the 2nd half. 

12-14 touches, 75-90 yds. Coleman will probably get GL work, so a Hasty TD will need to come from 5+ yds out.

1 minute ago, RogerKlotz said:

The hurdle is going to be if Coleman gets off to a hot start. Shanny is probably going to feed Coleman early on to see where his legs are - Hasty will gradually become more involved as the game progresses into the 2nd half. 

12-14 touches, 75-90 yds. Coleman will probably get GL work, so a Hasty TD will need to come from 5+ yds out.

In before McKinnon and Aiyuk get all the rushing work. 

15 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

I’m feeling a McKinnon game with fresh legs. Two weeks off and reports of “tired legs” = Shanny mind fuk special. He’s toying with everyone 

Yeah I'm going to bet on this one. Mckinnon with Coleman giving him some rest and Hasty in on some pass plays. Garoppolo will likely need to throw more than usual, so pass protection is going to be important and most teams don't trust rookies to protect their QB.

Edited by harck
3 minutes ago, harck said:

Evidently Fox NFL just claimed that Coleman will start the game and then Hasty will get some touches, and the workload will go to the hot hand. Dunno how reliable, but seems plausible 🤷‍♂️.

Is this just speculation on their part, or were they implying this was coming from the coaching staff?

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

Is this just speculation on their part, or were they implying this was coming from the coaching staff?

Not sure, but I'm going to guess it's speculation on their part. I think Shanny likes to be secretive when it comes to this backfield.

• Like 1