JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

the passing attack is decent, but i dont think they're dumb enough to play coleman if he's ailing. 

The 49ers are EASILY dumb enough to send Coleman out at half strength.  They did so just last week.  And with Jeff Wilson the week before.  And with Matt Breida more times than I can count.

31 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The 49ers are EASILY dumb enough to send Coleman out at half strength.  They did so just last week.  And with Jeff Wilson the week before.  And with Matt Breida more times than I can count.

To be fair, Wilson and Coleman looked pretty good in their "half strength" debut. Coleman we got a small sample size but 3 rushes for 20 was lookin like a hot start. 

Edited by harck
2 hours ago, harck said:

To be fair, Wilson and Coleman looked pretty good in their "half strength" debut. Coleman we got a small sample size but 3 rushes for 20 was lookin like a hot start. 

If the reaggravation is bad then I could see Coleman going back on IR.

Haven't heard any news on that front though. Which is weird because we got Jimmy G and Kittle updates.

10 hours ago, rasrar said:

If the reaggravation is bad then I could see Coleman going back on IR.

Haven't heard any news on that front though. Which is weird because we got Jimmy G and Kittle updates.

They slow-played the roster move with Coleman last week.  Did not activate him until the absolute deadline.  I expect they will do the same this week.

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

They slow-played the roster move with Coleman last week.  Did not activate him until the absolute deadline.  I expect they will do the same this week.

So you're saying they saved Coleman for this Thursday, when the Seahawks game was double as important to them as it was a divisional game? 

Coleman's seriously hurt. He won't play Thursday. 

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So you're saying they saved Coleman for this Thursday, when the Seahawks game was double as important to them as it was a divisional game? 

Coleman's seriously hurt. He won't play Thursday. 

I am saying they played it coy with Coleman's status for absolutely as long as they possibly could last week.  Like literally down to the last hour of the deadline to activate Coleman from IR.  And they will likely keep us guessing again.  And I could even see them declaring Coleman active for Thursday, yet he does not play a single snap.  They did that last year once with Breida.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

The other GB player placed on the COVID-IR list was linebacker Kamal Martin, who just came back from injury a couple weeks ago and was looked at as their answer to stopping the run.  It's all falling into place for Hasty...

Overall, Martin looked pretty good for a fifth-round pick playing in his first NFL game. He showed straight-line explosiveness, aggressiveness, physicality and instincts vs. the run, and good awareness in zone coverage. There were just a couple of instances of over-aggressiveness and he wasn’t tested much in coverage.

The Packers haven’t had a starting inside linebacker with Martin’s explosiveness in quite some time, so it’s exciting to find out that they might have one now. Obviously, Martin still has a lot to prove, but he showed signs of starting potential in his first NFL game and that was very encouraging to see.

Furthermore, Martin’s calling card as a prospect out of Minnesota was as a downhill run stuffer who could consistently clog when crashing down. Incidentally, that was an area where the Packers struggled substantially last year, the two blowout losses to the 49ers standing as clear evidence. Martin could’ve been a potential solution to that.

https://nflspinzone.com/2020/09/02/packers-injury-kamal-martin-robs-defensive-upside/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, harck said:

Still a coin toss between him and Mckinnon unfortunately.

Also will depend on gameflow.  If San Fran is trailing big, you will see McKinnon in there, most likely.

15 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

It’s gonna be a coming out party for Hasty in this one.  Sit him at your own peril.

I am here for all of this. Hoping we get some more clarification today or tomorrow on the status of Coleman. Bay Area sports radio was blasting Shanahan earlier this week in regards to his stubbornness. Maybe he listens and lets Hasty get lead dog burn.