JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

67 snaps did sound like an awfully big number!

Hasty is a decent dart throw RB3 tomorrow if the game goes forward.

Did we watch the same GB team last week? He has the look of a high-end RB2 this week, backed by his RB16 ECR. GB look like the worst run D in football (and are 32nd in fantasy against RBs), now up against a scheme that shredded them last year. Playing from behind is a valid concern, but they'll clearly do everything they can to establish a ground game against a team who is a sieve to control the clock. Who thought the Vikings would go up 2 TDs in the 1st half last week? Game could be closer than people think, especially with A Jones looking unlikely to play and no run game on the GB side.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Did we watch the same GB team last week? He has the look of a high-end RB2 this week, backed by his RB16 ECR. GB look like the worst run D in football (and are 32nd in fantasy against RBs), now up against a scheme that shredded them last year. Playing from behind is a valid concern, but they'll clearly do everything they can to establish a ground game against a team who is a sieve to control the clock. Who thought the Vikings would go up 2 TDs in the 1st half last week? Game could be closer than people think, especially with A Jones looking unlikely to play and no run game on the GB side.

Yeah the game might not be as uneven as people expect, even beyond the matchup itself--here are some interesting trends for Thur games:

-Pacific Time Zone teams are 8-0 on TNF v East/Central Time Zone teams

-Teams traveling west 2 or more time zones are 0-11 on TNF

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Nick Mullens roughly equal to Kirk Cousins?  Hasty roughly equal to Dalvin Cook?  Seems unlikely but I will personally be taking the plunge.

even if the outcome if half of cook I’ll take it all day and night lol

I'm not sure that all these COVID absences/injuries hurt Hasty that much. The Pack D is Charmin-soft to start with. Hasty is practically a grizzled veteran now on this team - and he's now one of the best weapons they have. Backs like Gio and Scott have flourished being workhorses-by-necessity. There will be no excuses for Hasty if he doesn't go double digits in this game imo.

If anything I think all this chaos raises his floor - if the game is even played tomorrow.

• Like 3

Y'all overthinking this. No Mostert/Coleman. 3 days rest between SNF & TNF for Jet "Tired Legs" McKinnon. No WRs available for Niners; no RBs available for GB. Softest run defense in the league, forcing the game script to be much more competitive than it would've been.

Trent Williams out won't be the end-all be all. Play Hasty or you'll most likely regret it 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I think McKinnon got more run on Shnday to preserve Hasty for Thursday. Yes all those players being out sucks, but 49ers won't have a chance if Jet is the main guy. 

Maybe that was it to some extent - but when he was out there when they were down multiple TDs I was not surprised. That is his role - passing-down back. 

If GB manages to post a few TDs and make this look like a laugher early - we could see more McKinnon once again. That is the risk here. GB has their own COVID issues at RB - I'm not so sure they're going to get out to a big lead.

Kyle Shanahan vs the worst run defense in the league, whom he destroyed on the ground twice last year. At home on a short week with Hasty as the primary running RB.

Sometimes it is that easy, he’s a great start this week imo.

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Maybe that was it to some extent - but when he was out there when they were down multiple TDs I was not surprised. That is his role - passing-down back. 

If GB manages to post a few TDs and make this look like a laugher early - we could see more McKinnon once again. That is the risk here. GB has their own COVID issues at RB - I'm not so sure they're going to get out to a big lead.

I still think even in a worst case scenario SF will pound it for 2.5 quarters like they did in Seattle, leaving plenty of opportunity for Hasty.  And that’s if it really goes badly.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If I were Shanny, I'm probably running 40 times to shorten this game and to get out of there, even if it means a loss. 

You are saying gameplan to not be embarrassed even if it's not the best chance of winning? I can assure you Kyle S did not get 12 years of contracts and a top 5 paid coach in the league with this mindset.