NBC Sports Edge Forums

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

You are saying gameplan to not be embarrassed even if it's not the best chance of winning? I can assure you Kyle S did not get 12 years of contracts and a top 5 paid coach in the league with this mindset.

**** sucks. Game shouldn’t be played. Not only is this team decimated by injury, but now they’re shafted by the virus as well...more so than most have been.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

10 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If I were Shanny, I'm probably running 40 times to shorten this game and to get out of there, even if it means a loss. 

Sounds like you would be an Adam Gase clone. You play to win, no matter the circumstances.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Sounds like you would be an Adam Gase clone. You play to win, no matter the circumstances.

Gase?  Or are you thinking of former Jets Coach Herm Edwards?

For me this game against Green Bay comes down to a battle of two halves, which has me concerned for the overall Hasty workload. 

Given how incredibly banged up SF is regarding their WR/TEs, it makes sense that they would try to win the game on the ground, if at all possible. Control the clock, extend drives and get Hasty plenty of touches. That said, I don’t know if this will work, especially after Hastys lackluster YPC last week (yes, I know GBs defense isn’t great). 

Should SF get down in this game (as many expect) and be forced to throw the ball, it wouldn’t be Hasty getting the touches - it would be McKinnon. Which is the same thing that happened last week. Once SF is down, Hasty hardly touches the ball. I’d expect plenty of check downs to McKinnon here, as SF has little to lose and he’s the superior receiver of the two. 

Fun fact? In my Full PPR league I’m actually starting BOTH Hasty and McKinnon tonight. First and foremost I have little other options (it’s a deep 14 team league with 3 FLEX) - the only other guy I could start is Nyheim Hines, and I can’t assume he turns 6-8 touches into two scores again. 

Again, I’m assuming an okay first half for Hasty, but a better second half for McKinnon. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Breesus said:

For some reason SF seems to have GB’s number, every team has that one team that bothers them. I think this game will be closer than most expect.

The mysterious reason that San Fran has whalloped GB in their last few meetings is that San Fran is one of the best running teams in the NFL, if not the best, and Green Bay's defense is amongst the worst at stopping the run.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The mysterious reason that San Fran has whalloped GB in their last few meetings is that San Fran is one of the best running teams in the NFL, if not the best, and Green Bay's defense is amongst the worst at stopping the run.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Hasty can catch too. If you go back and look at the tape it's clearly on display. With the limited WR corps. I would not be surprised if they go to a lot of 2 back formations and utilize both Mckinnon and Hasty in the passing game. They are going to have to get pretty creative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From FP game primer. GB run defense is really not good.  Guess ill be firing him up....

Jerick McKinnon and JaMycal Hasty: After Tevin Coleman returned for a measly six snaps, he was injured again, leaving the backfield to Hasty and McKinnon this week. Once Coleman left the game last week, we saw McKinnon lead the backs with 35 snaps, though Hasty was not far behind with 29 of them. The roles were clear, as Hasty received 12 carries to McKinnon’s three, but McKinnon saw four targets to Hasty’s one. Of the fantasy production the Packers have allowed to skill-position players, 46.8 percent of it has gone to running backs. There’s no other team in the league who’s allowed more than 41.7 percent of the production to running backs. Sure, Dalvin Cook racked them for 200-plus yards and four touchdowns last week which boosted the numbers, but they’d been the worst in the NFL against running backs before that game. They’re the only team in the NFL who’s allowed more points per game to running backs than to wide receivers, and it’s a full 3.5 points per game. In fact, running backs outscore quarterbacks against the Packers by a league-leading 18.07 fantasy points per game. Crazy, right? It certainly helps that they’ve allowed a rushing touchdown every 15.9 carries, which is easily the most often, as just one other team (Raiders) has allowed a rushing touchdown more often than every 20.3 carries. The Packers have also allowed a ridiculously-high league-leading 16.2 PPR points per game through the air alone to running backs. It’s not even a ton of volume, but rather the efficiency, as running backs have averaged a ridiculous 2.22 PPR points per target. No other team has allowed more than 1.93 points per target. The 8.69 yards per target also ranks as No. 1 in the league by a full 16.8 percent. The 14 total touchdowns they’ve allowed suggests we should see at least one touchdown by a 49ers running back in this game, if not two of them. The 1.18 PPR points per opportunity they’ve allowed to running backs is 18 percent higher than the closest team (Raiders). Hasty should be treated as a low-end RB2 only because he may be gamescripted out (five-point underdogs) and has a very small role in the passing game, but his upside is top-12 this week. McKinnon is someone who’ll have a role regardless of gamescript and should be played as a low-end RB2. Yes, I think it’s possible that both 49ers running backs finish as top-20 options this week.

• Like 3

NBC Sports' Matt Maiocco believes Hasty will be the team's main running back, with Jerick McKinnon "seeing some spot duty as a third-down back." McKinnon last week played 50 percent of the team's snaps -- while Hasty played 41 percent -- but saw three rushes to Hasty's 12. Facing off against a Green Bay defense vulnerable to the run, Hasty has some upside if the 49ers can keep the game close and pound away on the ground.

How reliable is this Matt Maiocco guy? Man everything looks primed for a Hasty game, but I'm still so terrified of starting him because of Shanny.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, harck said:

How reliable is this Matt Maiocco guy? Man everything looks primed for a Hasty game, but I'm still so terrified of starting him because of Shanny.

At this point, most people's rosters are ravaged by injuries or byes. I think I got 5 or 6 this week, and I know I'm not alone on that one.

Therefore, I don't know how this guy cannot be started in all leagues that are 2 RB + 1 or 2 flex.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Matt Maiocco is a long-time Bay Area sportswriter.  He is very good and has been doing it for a long time.

Man why you gotta make my decision to start this man so much more difficult like that. I'm looking for any reason to NOT start a Shanny back that isn't named Mostert.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, harck said:

Man why you gotta make my decision to start this man so much more difficult like that. I'm looking for any reason to NOT start a Shanny back that isn't named Mostert.

Somebody gotta sacrifice and sit him so he can go off. Please feel free to volunteer. ✌🏼

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Matt Maiocco is a long-time Bay Area sportswriter.  He is very good and has been doing it for a long time.

That’s all the info I need. Firing him up. I’ll be ready to rage quit in the gameday thread with you guys 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1