JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It was worth a shot.  But, wow, did Hasty look tiny out there.  And he got tackled with such tremendous ease.  Guess he was 5th string for a reason.

And I think he fumbled during his last catch but the game was so out of reach no one bothered to second-guess it. This guy could’ve easily have ended up with negative points in standard leagues 😂

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, brosephd said:

his night might've been different. He had a 10 yard run brought back due to a holding call which ended up killing the drive and then GB scored which gamescripted him out. I was hoping he get garbage time run but nope. 

i saw this, it was that loser richie james with the blatant hold which wasn't needed. clearly james was playing against hasty in his dynasty league and wanted to screw him as he played himself in this same dynasty league. this is a bigger scandal than tim donaghy or pete rose! 

Drop city for me and I was one of his biggest proponents. He had to do something this game to have any chance of carving out a future role. Shanahan insists on play McKinnon  or just about anyone else though. 

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 2

I mean I'm not going to back down from the tape I saw earlier in the season. He looked great with those limited opportunities. I never said he sucks. He got 4 carries last game.

This he sucks narrative isn't really that true. He sucks for fantasy because he doesn't get any run.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 3

Yeah I think he is a back that can succeed in this offense. But he wasn't given an opportunity prior to and definitely not last night... hate that anyone started him... hate that I am gonna hold him cause I think if he gets opportunity he will flourish... question for me is how long will I stash? FYI Raheem wasn't a thing before he got some carries either...

Edited by hard1
  • Like 1

I want out of this backfield entirely until I get Mostert back. It's volatile, the team is on a downward trend, and you never know who to start.

Get me out. If I absolutely had to start one until Mostert is back it would be McKinnon because he's involved in the passing game and their defense is looking iffy with two 30+ point weeks in a row.

14 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Sorry this seems like revisionist history.  Going into the game there were credible reports Hasty was the starter, Shanahan RB’s have a history of producing no matter how little they’ve done all year, McKinnon’s usage has been beyond puzzling and he had been injured, and they were facing a team that obviously has the offensive talent to score points but is horrid against the run. And SF is playing a benchwarmer QB.  There was a very plausible (sensible even?) narrative that SF would pound the ball, control the clock and keep Green Bay’s offense on the sideline as much as possible. Of course Shanahan instead decided to unleash Mullen on the packers and the result was a laugher blowout.  Shanahan has forgotten more football than I’ll ever know, but I think he forgot almost everything about football last night.  Back to the point, starting Hasty as a flex was a justifiable gamble based on objective facts.  We just gambled and lost, and now it’s an uncomfortable and smelly car ride back home to clean up.

This is an excellent post.  Its exactly right.  You can only go by the information given.  Its a gamble to play someone like Hasty but sometimes those pay off.  Sometimes they don't.  If your stuck and need some kind of emergency start you gamble with it.  The same situation occurred with McKinnon a fews ago.

• Like 2

Pretty much the whole fantasy community was fooled. I think he was projected for about 12 pts on ESPN in standard. Saw him inside a lot of top 20s for RB rankings.

Reporting on this game was trash. Basically everything that was reported the opposite happened. From Aaron Jones, to Hasty, as well as Jordan Reed.

Can only make decisions based off the information given. Not beating myself up for playing him given the context.

These beat reporters are where most of my frustration is directed lol.

Still think he would be solid if they actually gave him a chance. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. If not now when their roster is absolutely devasted, when is it ever going to happen? Back to churning the bottom of my roster.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I mean I'm not going to back down from the tape I saw earlier in the season. He looked great with those limited opportunities. I never said he sucks. He got 4 carries last game.

This he sucks narrative isn't really that true. He sucks for fantasy because he doesn't get any run.

Chicken or egg?  Maybe not getting that many carries because the people who work with him every day know something we don't?

• Like 1

The qb situation def no favors... the coach no favors... you used to be able to count on a Shanahan... but that was his dad...the one silver lining last night he actually got 2 passes... that said he can't be in starting lineups as long as another rb is healthy and then better make sure aiyuk and Samuel are out as well... until we see shanny use him on the reg.