JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.  Everyone becomes Miss Cleo on the day after a game

Watched his highlights again. He's got a wee bit of that Barry wiggle. Would be fun if he got the load.  Zero value added here, gents. Classic Gandalfthecat

Name checks out

Posted Images

Curious to see how many posters here also have Mostert, like me?  I'm running thin at RB after losing Barkley and now Mostert so I picked up Hasty after waivers  to see what happens and like others have said, gonna be another lottery ticket but like the opportunity to shine with current RB makeup of 49's. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brosephd said:

matchups do not get easier (seahawks, packers, saints, rams, bills, washington) then cowboys. mostert should be back by then.

What?  Those matchups are great overall, except for the Saints.  Defense ranks per DVOA (32nd is the worst):

seahawks 26th

packers 30th

saints 8th

rams 13th (but 21st ranked rush D)

bills 29th

washington 7th (but 17th ranked rush D)

cowboys 28th

• Like 8
2 hours ago, brosephd said:

matchups do not get easier (seahawks, packers, saints, rams, bills, washington) then cowboys. mostert should be back by then.

Temper your expectations, Mostert should be back by .... *does math*... Week 16!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In real life, if Hasty does emerge, that sucks for McKinnon.  Under his original deal, McKinnon was scheduled to make $6.8 million in salary and bonuses in 2020 (and 2021 I think), but then agreed to restructure his contract this year so the 49ers wouldn't just cut him.  He now is on a one year "prove it" deal for the league minimum - $910k salary with per game bonuses - and is a free agent next year.

4 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

In real life, if Hasty does emerge, that sucks for McKinnon.  Under his original deal, McKinnon was scheduled to make $6.8 million in salary and bonuses in 2020 (and 2021 I think), but then agreed to restructure his contract this year so the 49ers wouldn't just cut him.  He now is on a one year "prove it" deal for the league minimum - $910k salary with per game bonuses - and is a free agent next year.

I guess that’s better than getting cut. His career looks done, unfortunately. He’s got no pop left.  I got a real tingle in my plums about this Hasty kid emerging this week. I think several others have called it but better to be early a week and have your league mates frustrated when the “waiver add of the week” is already on your roster.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, rabaak said:

Never heard of this guy until last week. Found this info on the Web for what it is worth. Looks like it is anyones guess how this all plays out going forward:

The 49ers have appeared to have struck gold with the undrafted free agent running back. Hasty was very productive at Baylor. The elusive and quick running back played in 45 games with 16 career starts. Hasty finished his career with 1,998 yards on 386 rushing attempts. This ranks 12th in school history. Hasty also accumulated 485 receiving yards which are the 10th most by a Baylor running back in school history. His 79 career receptions are the second-most by a running back in school history. Hasty had a Relative Athletic Score (RAS) of 6.72. This metrics and analytics system was created by Kent Platte. It takes into account player measurements and distills them to a 0-to-10 scale compared to their position group. It essentially measures the overall athleticism for a draft prospect. Hasty was ranked as the 19th-best running back for the year in RAS. He recorded the best shuttle-time (4.03 seconds) of any back at this year’s NFL Combine. There is some risk with Hasty considering how the 49ers have distributed opportunities at the running back position this season.

Jeff Wilson was inactive last week with a calf injury and Tevin Coleman is still recovering from a knee injury. It would be surprising to see the 49ers use McKinnon as a bell cow. Hasty will be involved in the 49ers running back by committee against the Patriots. San Francisco’s offensive line should be able to open running lanes against the Patriots’ front seven. The 49ers offensive line ranks ninth in PFF’s run blocking and generates an impressive 1.69 yards before contact. The Patriots gave up 101 rushing yards on 23 attempts to Broncos running back Phillip Lindsay last week. Hasty is firmly on the RB3 radar in Week 7.

“JaMycal Hasty was the hush-hush find at 49ers training camp. His burst was evident, even among a more experienced and vetted running back corps. 

Because the preseason was canceled, other teams could not witness that potential and instead saw a 5-foot-8 running back hit the waiver wire among 23 preseason cuts on Sept. 5. 

So the 49ers happily snuck him onto the practice squad, stashing him there until inevitable injuries summoned him to the active roster.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2020/10/22/49ers-jamycal-hasty-could-give-them-more-than-a-little-bit-of-a-spark/amp/

Another good read that makes me think i didn’t make a hasty decision to snag him. Let’s goooo!

11 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

Lol anyone else find it odd that he’s still projected for 0.00 points in Yahoo! though?

Never.  Ever.  Ever.  EVER.

Pay any attention to Yahoo projections.  They are totally, completely, 100%, and in all other ways, useless.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Never.  Ever.  Ever.  EVER.

Pay any attention to Yahoo projections.  They are totally, completely, 100%, and in all other ways, useless.

oh i don't disagree.  just find it odd that he's projected for 0 points this late in the week when it's pretty clear he will get, in the least, 1 carry

• Like 1