NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones and dak Prescott for Lamar Jackson?

You're giving one the best receivers in the league (especially in PPR where his receptions matter more than his lack of TD) for a relatively small upgrade in QB (especially small considering you play PPR).

You need to get at the very very least a solid WR or RB in return, and I'm thinking 3rd rounder. How large is your league?

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You're giving one the best receivers in the league (especially in PPR where his receptions matter more than his lack of TD) for a relatively small upgrade in QB (especially small considering you play PPR).

You need to get at the very very least a solid WR or RB in return, and I'm thinking 3rd rounder. How large is your league?

8 team league 

Just now, BarkleysCleats said:

8 team league 

That makes it slightly more interesting to at least think about it, but I would still need to see a solid piece in return. Don't give away Julio for free man, even in a league where you can get Barkley for LJax.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That makes it slightly more interesting to at least think about it, but I would still need to see a solid piece in return. Don't give away Julio for free man, even in a league where you can get Barkley for LJax.

Thanks for the advice I’ll stay put with Prescott as my qb1

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Get Lamar & win you're league!!!!! Julio is old & been on the decline for a couple years, plus Dak is trash. 

1. This feels like "real life" analysis instead of fantasy analysis.

2. I didn't know 31 was old for a WR who doesn't win with speed.

3. I'm not seeing which part of fantasy stats Julio has been in a steady decline in.

4. Dak in fantasy isn't trash, or at least he wasn't last year. Assuming its a 4 point/TD pass league, the difference between Lamar and Dak is about 5 points/week, which really isn't all that significant in an 8 team league. And I don't think anybody is expecting 175 carries or 1,200 rushing yards from Lamar again.

5. In an 8 team league, QB play isn't going to win anything. Everybody is going to have somebody. The team with the worst starting QB is still going to get 20+ points/week on average from that position.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, bravens23 said:

3. I'm not seeing which part of fantasy stats Julio has been in a steady decline in.

4. Dak in fantasy isn't trash, or at least he wasn't last year. Assuming its a 4 point/TD pass league, the difference between Lamar and Dak is about 5 points/week, which really isn't all that significant in an 8 team league. And I don't think anybody is expecting 175 carries or 1,200 rushing yards from Lamar again.

5. In an 8 team league, QB play isn't going to win anything. Everybody is going to have somebody. The team with the worst starting QB is still going to get 20+ points/week on average from that position.

Once you've been around the forum long enough you know what members to fade...

giving up way too much

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, bravens23 said:

8 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Get Lamar & win you're league!!!!! Julio is old & been on the decline for a couple years, plus Dak is trash. 

Sometimes you just have to ignore Rush 

I would ask for another wr in return can never have to much depth. I would also need to see your other wrs as well maybe try Prescott and another wr for Jackson if the other team is weak at wr. Although in 8 team league hard to say anyone has a real weak spot, although I feel like you are giving up a potential top 5 qb and wr for a potential top 3 qb. 

Help

Edited by Chargers88
21 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Are we sure Dak is just a "slight" downgrade?  Having Lamar Jackson at QB is one of the biggest leg-ups in the history of fantasy. 
Prime Julio? Sure. But at this point, I'd rather keep this rare X-factor. 

Not the kind of question you can answer in a vacuum. Is Lamar really that valuable in an 8 team league?

I think what you saw from Lamar last year was great. But I also think its the best you'll see from Lamar. His passing TD ratios are not sustainable in my eyes, and obviously, neither is 175 carries.

While I'm not sure Dak is going to improve on his stats from last year either, I certainly think he can maintain similar levels.