NBC Sports Edge Forums

No brainer? Offered Fournette for BLove/PWilliams

Team and league info below. I think I've built a good contender for a 16-team dynasty, so strategy is "win now." Guy who's rebuilding offered me Leonard Fournette for Preston Williams and Bryce Love. Easy accept? Or does LF has too many red flags? I'm a big Preston fan, so that's one reason for my hesitancy. What do y'all think? Thanks!

16-team dynasty; .4 PPR, IDP, 6 pts/passing TDs; start QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL
QB: M. Stafford, P. Rivers
RB: A. Kamara, C. Edwards-Helaire, Duke Johnson, L. Murray, B. Love
WR: J. Jones, A. Cooper, P. Williams, H. Renfrow, J. Reynolds, M. Boykin
TE: T. Kelce, I. Thomas
K: M. Prater     DEF/ST: Chargers
LB: T. Edwards, B. Martinez    DB: V. Bell, H. Clinton-Dix    DL: J. Watt, C. Jones

id take fournette, though i am not a dynasty expert.  fournette is an injury risk but so is chris thompson.  if fournette is healthy and continues to get the targets he will be a top rb this season.  hes a free agent the following season so he could go to a better situation next season.  

1 hour ago, jnormy said:

16-team dynasty, so strategy is "win now." Guy who's rebuilding offered me Leonard Fournette for Preston Williams and Bryce Love.

In deep leagues, I value depth over stud. Fournette would be a valuable add to your team and a considerable upgrade over Love, but Williams is a starter for you, so you also need to evaluate what kind of replacement is still on the wire. Given that you are already rostering Miles Boykin, I'm going to assume that's not much.

I think you still have a nett win, but it would leave you pretty thin at WR, and I don't like that in a season where you think you can be a contender. You need studs, yes, but you also need depth and I think this is risky.

If you are dead set on trying to win this year take it and try to win.  But looking toward the future I would pass. For me I'm just not a huge Fournette fan plus Jax will be horrible. Also in a 16 team league depth is huge and both guys have big upside.