NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keeper help (leave a link for yours)

I am in an 12 team auction league where we are able to keep 2 rookies drafted the prior year for $50 each. The average price for a QB is $1400, WR is $800 and RB iOS $1200. 

Which 2 should I keep:

- Gardner Minshew (would be backup as I would obviously draft another starting QB)

- Hollywood Brown

- Alexander Mattison

- Miles Sanders

I am planning to keep Sanders and was leaning towards Mattison for his upside, but Minshew as a backup QB with upside for $50 in intriguing to me. Brown is also a solid option, but I’m not convinced of the Baltimore passing game.

We start 1 QB, 3 WR, 3 RB, 1TE and 1 flex. 

As you said, Sanders tops the list, and I think I'd keep Hollywood. From a pure talent standpoint, he's the best of the other 3 IMO, and I do believe Lamar and the Ravens will look his way more often. He's too much of a dynamic playmaker not to.

Thanks for the reply on mine.

Thanks for help on mine! Seeing as you start 3 WR *and* 3RB, plus the Flex, I'd be less inclined to keep Minshew, unless you have crazy depth at both positions. I guess it also depends on the cost to keep him when he's not a rookie, and for how long, if he were to blow up.

Despite drafting him in a league tonight, I feel the same way about Brown as you do, so I'd lean towards Sanders and Mattison, unless you really need more help at WR than RB

9 hours ago, Canuck2333 said:

Which 2 should I keep:

- Gardner Minshew (would be backup as I would obviously draft another starting QB)

- Hollywood Brown

- Alexander Mattison

- Miles Sanders

- I'm not so sure Minshew would necessarily be a backup, he might well turn out a full QB1 this season.
- Hollywood I own is a Dynasty league, but I'm not super convinced he can survive given his build. I think you need to factor in injuries between his clearly enormous talent.
- Mattison is to me not a great talent, but he is in excellent position. The Vikings want to run the ball no matter what, and if Cook for some reason drops out, he has a good chance of becoming the number one - unless they like Boone more, which is not impossible.
- Sanders was until recently a top RB, and then he got injured. Me no likey injuries.

So with that, Minshew is for me the obvious keeper, and then you need to decide between high upside Sanders, high risk Hollywood or somewhat safer Mattison. Even with the risk involved, I think I would still go Sanders, and cross my fingers (and then curse my luck as Hollywood gets 6 TDs in the first 4 games).