NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2020 Outlook

On 10/21/2020 at 6:36 PM, Sternes said:

Dolphins are idiots.  This sounds like a GM powerflex than a coaching move. They are going to ruin the chemistry of the team that has a legit shot at the playoffs.  When will they pull Tua if he does poorly?  What is the threshold?  This is why you wait for a meltdown or a losing streak.  Even with the Bucs, when they went with Winston, waited for Fitz to have a bad streak where he went 0:5 TD:INT over two games and lost to the Skins and Giants.  At the end, Winston basically had the same numbers with more TO, but logically it made sense to go forward.

This is going to be a locker room nightmare if Tua at all stumbles. It isn't fair to him now, and it isn't fair to Fitz.

Yup.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry Jones should be inquiring about this guy.

This is definitely the game that everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts him in a great matchup and he’s proceeds to piss down his leg. 

It sounds like Fitzy thought he wouldn’t get benched until/unless he had a multi-pick meltdown game, or the Fins had mathematically fallen out of playoff contention. I think making the switch at this

On 10/21/2020 at 6:36 PM, Sternes said:

Dolphins are idiots.  This sounds like a GM powerflex than a coaching move. They are going to ruin the chemistry of the team that has a legit shot at the playoffs.  When will they pull Tua if he does poorly?  What is the threshold?  This is why you wait for a meltdown or a losing streak.  Even with the Bucs, when they went with Winston, waited for Fitz to have a bad streak where he went 0:5 TD:INT over two games and lost to the Skins and Giants.  At the end, Winston basically had the same numbers with more TO, but logically it made sense to go forward.

This is going to be a locker room nightmare if Tua at all stumbles. It isn't fair to him now, and it isn't fair to Fitz.

Reminds me of when Kurt Warner was benched for Eli Manning when the Giants were 5-4 and in playoff contention. 

Over/under 2 games, before Tua got jacked up and they are forced to put Fitzmagic back in with 3-5 record and no directions of where the franchise is going. And everybody in charge of the decision looking like idiot that they are. 

No I’m not rooting for an injury. No I’m not rooting against Tua. No I don’t doubt Tua’s god given talents. Kid made me a lot of money while he was in Alabama. Just my thought on how idiotic the timing is with this decision to start Tua. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, activeobserver said:

Only hope for the Cowboys. 

Have you watched the Cowboys lately???

Fitz would be their only hope.... Plus an entire new OL, Defense, Coaching, Ownership....... 

Should I keep going?! Fitz is NOT the answer this year (no fault of his own). Dallas is in complete shambles. 

That said -- I picked up Fitz and I am stashing him for now. Lol

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Just a shame for Fitz.

I can't blame the Dolphins here, but after watching the QB play around the NFL yesterday, there is no doubt this guy ought to be starting somewhere.

he scored one less point riding the bench than streamer dahlink Gar(bage)oppolo 😅

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Just a shame for Fitz.

I can't blame the Dolphins here, but after watching the QB play around the NFL yesterday, there is no doubt this guy ought to be starting somewhere.

A trade to the Cowboys just makes too much sense.

56 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

A trade to the Cowboys just makes too much sense.

It doesn't really make much sense. For the Cowboys they are toast this year so why bother. For Miami, they need Fitz to mentor Tua and who knows maybe even play again so the value they'd get in return simply wouldn't be worth it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

It doesn't really make much sense. For the Cowboys they are toast this year so why bother. For Miami, they need Fitz to mentor Tua and who knows maybe even play again so the value they'd get in return simply wouldn't be worth it.

From a practical point of view the Cowboys probably shouldn't trade for Fitz.  However, Jerry Jones isn't going to want to keep losing like this.  It wouldn't surprise me at all for the Cowboys to trade for Fitz.

Just now, ZappB said:

From a practical point of view the Cowboys probably shouldn't trade for Fitz.  However, Jerry Jones isn't going to want to keep losing like this.  It wouldn't surprise me at all for the Cowboys to trade for Fitz.

0.5% chance.

Minshew to Dallas makes more sense than Fitz.

Miami still in the hunt and Fitz is a great mentor. Crazy to ship him out.

On the other hand Jags seem to be tanking sort of and seem to be placing Minshew in scapegoat category and he would be a good upgrade over Dalton. Hard to gauge what Minshew would be worth draft pick wise but as far as qbs are concerned shouldn’t be prohibitive. Dallas can conceivably make postseason with 7 wins and they have a win now group especially on offense. Obviously defense is ordinary but they could salvage something with a good qb rental.

9 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

On the other hand Jags seem to be tanking sort of and seem to be placing Minshew in scapegoat category and he would be a good upgrade over Dalton. Hard to gauge what Minshew would be worth draft pick wise but as far as qbs are concerned shouldn’t be prohibitive. Dallas can conceivably make postseason with 7 wins and they have a win now group especially on offense. Obviously defense is ordinary but they could salvage something with a good qb rental.

Dalton>Minshew.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Dalton>Minshew.

Minshew is much better than Dalton in my opinion. 

It would be amazing to see Minshew throwing to some real WRs like the ones in Dallas instead of the WRs in jacksonville.

Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Zeke > Chark, Shenault, Cole, Robinson

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
10 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

4th round draft pick for Minshew seems fine to me. Start him this year and until Dak is healthy and then keep him as a high end backup after Dak returns.

He was a 6th round pick so a 4th would be quite generous, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...