NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.   This has generally served me well.

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

You had me til MIA, now we can no longer be friends.

24 minutes ago, atrium said:

Eagles are in as good of a spot as anyone, and I'd be all over that pick if I hadn't used em last week

I am on the Eagles tentatively - as long as Dalton doesn't play, going to roll with the Eagles.  Have KC on standby if that changes...

On 10/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, Flynfiesta6 said:
On 10/27/2020 at 11:24 AM, DiddleThatKitty said:

Rams this week boys.

Don't do it!

Rams have 3 of their 5 wins against the NFC East (Dallas win was respectable at the time but still), they have a short week, have to travel across the country for an early game and are facing a team coming off their bye.  I monelylined the Fins already but no way this one isn't a nail biter.  There are way better options imo. 

I was wrong, it was not a nail biter :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Daniel Jones had any ounce of accuracy, the Giants win last night.  Dude continues to be a turnover machine but I don't think you can realistically pick against them anymore because one of these days, they will beat a quality team.

This week, still have KC so may pick them here.  NE @ NYJ is the only other option for me but don't feel as confident in that one any longer.  Need to save PIT for next week personally.

4 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

This week, still have KC so may pick them here.  NE @ NYJ is the only other option for me but don't feel as confident in that one any longer.  Need to save PIT for next week personally.

You've already used Green Bay?  Houston?

21 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

You've already used Green Bay?  Houston?

Already used Houston week 5 when they were home against JAX.

Double picks start in week 11 for me and need to keep GB. 

Leaning KC at the moment...

36 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

If Daniel Jones had any ounce of accuracy, the Giants win last night.  Dude continues to be a turnover machine but I don't think you can realistically pick against them anymore because one of these days, they will beat a quality team.

This is the only time to use New England unless you want to save them for week 17 against the Jets. They easily could have beat the Bills this past weekend so they should crush the Jets. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, wekko368 said:

Who have you used so far?

Pretty happy with my entry so far so looking for value but obviously want to use the teams I have saved at the right moment.  Larger pool and will need to go the distance with double picks starting in week 11 if we are > 300 remaining.  Currently have about 900 remaining.

BUF > CHI > CLE > TB > HOU > MIA > LAC > PHI

6 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Pretty happy with my entry so far so looking for value but obviously want to use the teams I have saved at the right moment.  Larger pool and will need to go the distance with double picks starting in week 11 if we are > 300 remaining.  Currently have about 900 remaining.

BUF > CHI > CLE > TB > HOU > MIA > LAC > PHI

Yeah, it's tricky, but you've done a great job preserving high-value picks.  The only way it works for me is to use either the Falcons, Panthers, or Lions at some point.  IMO, the only chance for the Falcons would be this week at home versus Denver, but Ridley will be out so there's hesitation.  The only chance for the Panthers would be week 11 at home vs Detroit (assuming Golladay is out).  I wouldn't want to use Detroit at all.  It would look something like this:

Week 9:   Packers at 49ers

Week 10: Saints vs 49ers

Week 11: Vikings vs Cowboys.  Panthers vs Lions.

Week 12: Rams vs 49ers.  Washington at Cowboys. 

Week 13: Raiders at Jets.  Chiefs vs Broncos

Week 14: Bengals vs Cowboys.  Titans at Jaguars.  

Week 15: Seahawks at Washington.  Steelers at Bengals

Week 16: Cardinals vs 49ers. Ravens vs Giants

Week 17: Patriots vs Jets.  Colts vs Jaguars.

LMK what you think or if I've made any mistakes. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Is there any chance that Jake Luton could be decent? Texans seem risky against an unknown QB. 

This is Luton's first career start, he's a 6th round rookie, and the Texans are coming off a bye so they've had plenty of time to prepare. 

I have a few entries, and the Texans will definitely be one of my picks.

• Like 1

My only issue with the Texans pick is an away, divisional game.  The Texans defense isn’t good at all and they cannot stop the run so thinking Robinson will get fed.  Houston probably still wins but don’t think it is a lay up by any means.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Pittsburgh OR Houston? Probs going HOU to save Pitt

Road division rival. 

Jags coming off BYE. 

New QB they have no NFL tape on (or Mike Glennon still in play, but likely Luton). 

Texans in give up mode and very likely to deal Will Fuller and potentially others next 6 hours. 

Jags +7 is screaming value right now to me. 

I've got 3 picks left 

Steelers

Chiefs

Packers 

Most worried about Packers, and Ben has a history of playing down to bad teams on the road, but that's where I'm currently sitting. 

I'm last person with 3 picks in my survivor. 1 other guy has 2, the other 11 all have 1.

20 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Road division rival. 

Jags coming off BYE. 

New QB they have no NFL tape on (or Mike Glennon still in play, but likely Luton). 

Texans in give up mode and very likely to deal Will Fuller and potentially others next 6 hours. 

The Texans have no reason to tank since they don't have a first or second round draft pick next year.  I also hope they don't trade Fuller since they just gave Watson a $160m extension.

Texans are also coming off a Bye, and even with no tape, it'll be easier for the Texans to game plan for Luton than for Jacksonville to game plan for Watson.

The Jaguars also have one of the worst defenses in the league.  Over the past 6 weeks, they've given up at least 30 points each week (some against middling offenses).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wekko368 said:

The Texans have no reason to tank since they don't have a first or second round draft pick next year.  I also hope they don't trade Fuller since they just gave Watson a $160m extension.

Texans are also coming off a Bye, and even with no tape, it'll be easier for the Texans to game plan for Luton than for Jacksonville to game plan for Watson.

The Jaguars also have one of the worst defenses in the league.  Over the past 6 weeks, they've given up at least 30 points each week (some against middling offenses).

Quitting on the team isn't the same thing as tanking. 

Quitting on team is giving up on plays, making business decisions not to go up over the middle for passes, not scrambling for a first down to ensure you're not hurt. 

Tanking is letting Adam Gase coach your NFL team for 16 games. There's only 1 team I see guilty of this as of today. 

Regardless though I hear what you're saying and Texans might very well dominate the Jags. I just think it sends a terrible message to your franchise QB and team in general to deal away his best weapon for what's looking to be a 3rd rounder. Hard to get motivated to go hard for a team if you believe in that stuff.  

I don't place bets until Saturday for Sunday games, but I'm very likely moving on Jags number getting over a TD at home. 

Road division rivalry games are wild.