NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.   This has generally served me well.

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

You had me til MIA, now we can no longer be friends.

2 hours ago, wekko368 said:

Look at it this way...the Texans still have playoff aspirations which means that every game going forward is essentially a playoff game.

I live in Houston. 

That's a very false statement. 

Cal McNair (owner) will say that, but it ends there. He and his father have never once said otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I live in Houston. 

That's a very false statement. 

Cal McNair (owner) will say that, but it ends there. He and his father have never once said otherwise. 

It doesn't matter where you live, and it's not a false statement.  Look at the standings and schedules, and you'll see that.

5 hours ago, OdellBaconJr said:

Feel like going NE but lowkey don't feel great about it.. Texans I feel like should be able to win too but it's a little riskier 

I'm in the same boat with you about NE! Ended up choosing the Titans instead...one of the few good teams I've yet to pick.

18 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

anyone else debating between HOU, NE, TEN, and ATL?

I'm debating between NE and HOU. Leaning towards texans for now. Big road favourite against a terrible defense and new QB. Watson has been great and they beat them a few weeks ago. Don't think I'll use them again if not this week.

Nervous with NE losing 4 in a row and having to wait til Monday night. Darnold possibly injured though, will decide properly later in the week. Keeping NE for week 17 is also tempting

8 hours ago, afl5013 said:

I had GB all but locked in but now with Stafford out, I might actually switch to MIN. They looked good against the Packers last week and will get the Stafford/Golloday-less Lions this week at home. 

FYI, Stafford is on track to play since he’s tested negative the last couple days.

• Thanks 1

Man - want to pick NE so badly but Newton is playing poorly and they had 17 guys on the injury report today.  MNF game so tomorrow’s report will be important.

If Flacco has to play Monday, I will roll with NE but have KC now tentatively.

So New England is my pick right now but I have an uneasy feeling about it. Debating on Switching to...

ARIZONA vs Miami
HOUSTON vs Jacksonville
TENNESSEE vs Chicago

But don't feel great about any of those match-ups either. 

3 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

So New England is my pick right now but I have an uneasy feeling about it. Debating on Switching to...

ARIZONA vs Miami
HOUSTON vs Jacksonville
TENNESSEE vs Chicago

But don't feel great about any of those match-ups either. 

I was very uneasy about New England this week but now it's looking like Darnold isnt even playing. That's probably enough to give me enough confidence to roll with the Patriots, though I was leaning Tennessee and considering Houston prior to the Darnold news 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every year for last 10 years I've been in an infinite picks pool but that lame B wouldn't run it this year cause of COVID. 

So, I did a new league this year. There was 300 of us but now only 18.

My main question is, and I realize I'm getting ahead of myself... 

What happens if we get to playoffs and I burned up all my playoff teams? 

Do I just automatically lose? 

Do 1 pick leagues ever even make it to playoffs? 

Is this all league dependent? 

I read rules and see nothing talking on that. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
7 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Wow the Pats had no business winning that game but I survived.  The tank lives on for the Jets...

I’m sure they had to tell Flacco when he went in for his second last drive “Ok Flacco, jokes over man, nobody told you but we are not supposed to win any games this year, tank for Trevor Lawrence” so he goes out and throws an interception immediately. Then on the last drive he stands there like a statue and takes the sack.

Anyways, moral of the story is the Jets are trying to lose and quite good at it. Always bet against them this year.

• Haha 1