NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.   This has generally served me well.

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

You had me til MIA, now we can no longer be friends.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

I mean, the Jags literally had a 2-PT conversion attempt to tie the game in the last 2 minutes.  

That was anything but a comfortable win for the Texans.

I watched the game.  IMO, the Texans were in control since the first quarter.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I guess that’s your opinion, but they were losing in the first quarter and almost had to go to OT.

They were losing in the first quarter for literally less than a minute.  And regarding OT, who do you trust more?  A rookie 6th rounder playing his first game......or Deshaun Watson?

Just now, wekko368 said:

They were losing in the first quarter for literally less than a minute.  And regarding OT, who do you trust more?  A rookie 6th rounder playing his first game......or Deshaun Watson?

Watson of course, but I don’t like trusting anything to OT when it comes to survivor. Especially on the road.

I’m just saying, that game was somewhat wild. Luton’s drive at the end of the game was exciting.

44 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

Patriots/Jets was wild.  Texans/Jaguars, not so much.

You watch the game? Failed 2 point conversion end of game. 

You're just standing by the point you made last week now. 

The game was a sweat and not a Slam dunk double digit winner like you were claiming when I was claiming tread lightly. 

End of day your stone cold lock came through though. So congrats. 

• Like 1

I've got 3 picks remaining. 

2 Slam dunks from where I'm sitting with Packers and saints. 

My next pick gets tricky. 

Leaning Raiders at home over Broncos. 

Also in play is Titans at home over Colts. 

Others I can use that I'm less confident on as of today are:

Lions, Browns, Fins

Y'all feeling one more than the other? If So, why? 

Packers weather looks bad.  Template to beat the Packers was the Vikings game.  Run, Run, Run.

Terrible weather, and run the ball, and you can beat the Packers.

I'm scared of that game.

Lions vs Wash?

NO vs SF?

I have a stinky feeling that the packers game is gonna wipe out a TON of people, but I don't like to get 'cute' either.

Thoughts?

8 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

Packers weather looks bad.  Template to beat the Packers was the Vikings game.  Run, Run, Run.

Terrible weather, and run the ball, and you can beat the Packers.

I'm scared of that game.

Lions vs Wash?

NO vs SF?

I have a stinky feeling that the packers game is gonna wipe out a TON of people, but I don't like to get 'cute' either.

Thoughts?

I want to take the Saints over the Packers due to the concerns you’ve mentioned, but a couple things are holding me back:

1) The Saints have greater future value than GB due to their respective schedules. (IMO)

2) Judging from line movement, it appears a lot of “sharp” money is coming in on the 49ers 

6 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Chargers against the Jets, good time to use them. Flacco is confirmed, he actually played well last game against New England, you might also remember that he was told to purposefully lose the game on the last two drives...

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Getting close to the point of the season where it might pay to lay off the really high play percentages?

Want to lock in PIT this week, but debating going with MIA against a really reeling DEN...

As a Steelers fan, I’m terrified of the Jags. 

9 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I know the narrative of Big Ben's road woes...

What else scares you? Just a letdown/look past of the Jags? Luton seems slightly above competent, but not sure he can pull off a stunner of that magnitude?

11 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I know the narrative of Big Ben's road woes...

What else scares you? Just a letdown/look past of the Jags? Luton seems slightly above competent, but not sure he can pull off a stunner of that magnitude?

They own us + we play down to our competition + no run game for Pittsburgh means if Ben is off his game we are gonna struggle. 

33 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Why? The Jaguars defense is nowhere near the level that gave the Steelers trouble in the past.

As we saw, they seemed to play down to their opponents on the road (Dallas game) but the Jaguars defense is night and day different this year compared to past years when they faced them.

Just now, ludawg23 said:

Why? The Jaguars defense is nowhere near the level that gave the Steelers trouble in the past.

As we saw, they seemed to play down to their opponents on the road (Dallas game) but the Jaguars defense is night and day different this year compared to past years when they faced them.

true, but last week they gave the Packers a run for their money.

53 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Picking the Steelers on the road is way too risky for me. I don’t think the Jags are as bad as their record indicates either. 

But they’re schedule only leaves games at home vs Washington and on the road vs Cincinnati as viable survivor league picks. I think saving them against Washington is a better strategy.