NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.   This has generally served me well.

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

You had me til MIA, now we can no longer be friends.

Double picks week for me.  I will go with PIT/KC.

LAC/MIN are the overwhelming heavy picks.  I have already used LAC so they are off the table but going to fade MIN and hope for an upset.

DAL tough to gauge - almost beat PIT at home and now coming off a bye and looks like Dalton will start.

Edited by ludawg23

The Vikings looked like hammered dogshit against the lowly Bears.  But they ALWAYS play us tough, especially in Chicago.
IF the Vikings can control the game clock and run the ball vs. Dallas.....they win.  But if they struggle or have any turnovers, I don't know.  It's a huge freaking gamble.

I have the Saints, Cards, Seachickens, Ravens and Titans remaining, and I don't like any of those games with Drew Brees eating through a straw.

Options are:
Bengals over Washington (ICK)
Patriots over Houston (ICK)
Eagles over Browns (ICK)
Panthers over Lions (ICK)
Ravens over Titans (ICK)
Dolphins over Broncos on the road (FML)

I think the Dolphins are for real.  Broncos have no QB play.  But ICK.
I guess it's the Vikings.

I am on fence to pick Vikings, Chargers, or Chiefs, but I prefer to save the Chiefs for later that leave me with Vikings or Chargers.

I would more like to use Chargers but Chargers always lose in close games and Jets could get a W. Vikings should be good to go against Cowboys at Vikings home as Cowboys collapse unless they change something. I could save Vikings for later.

Any suggestion?

I've learned to ignore the division matchups, but not traveling.

I've also learned to stop trying to save teams for future weeks, because you gotta get to the future weeks to win.

I figure if I get to the end, I'll be in the same boat as everyone else.  Scraping to find that gem game that nobody wants to take, but you don't much choice.

And honestly, that's how you win, being the best at guessing on a week by week basis.  

Just my .02

I'm split between choose Chargers over the Jets or Dolphins over the Broncos. I figure if I choose the Chargers this week I can pick the Dolphins over the Jets next week...but the Jets do have to win at least one game at some point, right? They nearly pulled it off against the Pats last week! Perhaps picking against them could be a trap...

Anyone have any thoughts?

19 minutes ago, ZMan17 said:

I'm split between choose Chargers over the Jets or Dolphins over the Broncos. I figure if I choose the Chargers this week I can pick the Dolphins over the Jets next week...but the Jets do have to win at least one game at some point, right? They nearly pulled it off against the Pats last week! Perhaps picking against them could be a trap...

Miami could very well go into Denver and win that game.  But damn, it's Miami.

1 hour ago, ZMan17 said:

if the Jets cared about winning, Gase would have been fired by now. I doubt they win a game this year. 

They should have beaten the Pats but I’m sure they sent Flacco out late and said they need to tank. Looked like he intentionally blew the game. 

Double picks for me again this week.

Will have to decide between Saints/Rams and now maybe even the Gmen but we'll see.

Hill and the Saints defense playing well has me feeling better about their game @ Denver.  Will need to decide on a 2nd game.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Double picks for me again this week.

Will have to decide between Saints/Rams and now maybe even the Gmen but we'll see.

Hill and the Saints defense playing well has me feeling better about their game @ Denver.  Will need to decide on a 2nd game.

Saints are a stay-away for me this week. Hill looked good at home, but on the road at Mile High is a different animal.  Not to mention the Broncos looked good this week against another defense that had been playing well coming into Denver.