NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Saints are a stay-away for me this week. Hill looked good at home, but on the road at Mile High is a different animal.  Not to mention the Broncos looked good this week against another defense that had been playing well coming into Denver.

I don't have that luxury - week 12 is looking pretty rough and I don't have Miami to use as I have already used them.

Aside from playing in the tough altitude, I think one major advantage the Saints have is the ability to stop the running game.  You essentially force Drew Lock to beat you.  Definitely will be a tough challenge for the Saints but I don't have many options to be honest.

Rams @ home vs the Niners - even that game isn't easy.

G-Men - can't believe they are an option but a road favorite now going against a Burrow-less Bengals team.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.   This has generally served me well.

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

You had me til MIA, now we can no longer be friends.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

I don't have that luxury - week 12 is looking pretty rough and I don't have Miami to use as I have already used them.

Aside from playing in the tough altitude, I think one major advantage the Saints have is the ability to stop the running game.  You essentially force Drew Lock to beat you.  Definitely will be a tough challenge for the Saints but I don't have many options to be honest.

Rams @ home vs the Niners - even that game isn't easy.

G-Men - can't believe they are an option but a road favorite now going against a Burrow-less Bengals team.

I don’t have Miami either (or Cleveland, Rams), but I’m still going to avoid NO. Although I get it.

Probably leaning toward Giants because I want to save Seattle for Week 14, but I need to look more into it.

Any way you slice it, this week is tough.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I don’t have Miami either (or Cleveland, Rams), but I’m still going to avoid NO. Although I get it.

Probably leaning toward Giants because I want to save Seattle for Week 14, but I need to look more into it.

Any way you slice it, this week is tough.

In hindsight, probably should have went with NOLA last week so I can use GB this week with Foles looking banged up coming into Lambeau but it is what it is.

Week 12 is tough...extra difficult with double picks.  Will have some decisions to make.

20 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Seattle has to be saved for week 14 vs Jets. 

How big do your balls have to be to pick the Giants in week 12 vs Cincy? Cincy is down Burrow and Mixon on offense but can we really trust the Giants on the road (coming off their bye)?

That pick will not be for the faint of heart but they opened up as a 4.5 point favorite in an away game.  We'll see...

7 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Seattle has to be saved for week 14 vs Jets. 

How big do your balls have to be to pick the Giants in week 12 vs Cincy? Cincy is down Burrow and Mixon on offense but can we really trust the Giants on the road (coming off their bye)?

I don't

So it's basically down to who I trust best out of Miami, Giants and Browns. 🤮 Browns have decent future value so might try to keep them. Are the Texans an option at all this week on the road to Detroit? Planned to go Miami but now tempted to keep them for next week at home to the Bengals when there might be more certainty around their QB situation or maybe just avoid them altogether. Giants on Thursday off a bye, hmm. Might see how the line moves as the week goes on. I generally prefer an earlier matchup too so I'm not sweating all weekend. Hated waiting til the Monday night a few weeks ago!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, commie1997 said:

if you have a choice of:  Pitt, NWO, SEA, NYG, Clev, Texans  this week, who would you pick?  I am leaning towards using NWO or SEA

There are 13 players left in our pool where 130 

NYG are starting to buy in to Joe Judge and his system, the team is starting to gel a bit. Coming off a bye and facing Burrowless Bengals is pretty tasty even of its still the Giants.

1 minute ago, Marbones26 said:

NYG are starting to buy in to Joe Judge and his system, the team is starting to gel a bit. Coming off a bye and facing Burrowless Bengals is pretty tasty even of its still the Giants.

Yeah I am likely going Giants, though still debating GB. Giants D is quite legit and Danny Jones has been playing decently, they have weapons. Cincy is just circling the drain and have little to play for.

• Like 1

Anyone fading the Giants now that Ryan Finley isn't starting? Brandon Allen is a journeyman but he did have a win last season and believe it or not, he is definitely an upgrade over Ryan Finley.  Looks like Zac Taylor is playing for his coaching life based on this move rather than intentionally tank for the remainder of the season.

56 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Anyone fading the Giants now that Ryan Finley isn't starting? Brandon Allen is a journeyman but he did have a win last season and believe it or not, he is definitely an upgrade over Ryan Finley.  Looks like Zac Taylor is playing for his coaching life based on this move rather than intentionally tank for the remainder of the season.

Good point about Zac Taylor and playing to keep his job which is true. Other teams like Jets and Jax seem pretty intent on tanking so they’re the teams you want to pick against.

I'm torn between NY and Mia...Giants can move to first in their division with a win, so they have something to play for. And everybody says Mia is tanking but if thats true why are they scoring points? Plus no team wants to lose to their division rival especially at home.

Edited by Coprolagnia

Miami kinda scares me this week. I have them right now but I think the Jets put up a good fight with Darnold coming back. Saints are probably the safe pick but I really want to save them for week 17. Because if I use them now, There are some garbage options I'm choosing between if I make it all the way to week 17. Like Vikings vs Lions. 

I think the Browns make the most sense here. They have really good future value but luckily in week 16 when the Browns play the Jets, the Texans also have a great matchup versus the Bengals. 

I might go with the Giants but it's unlikely. Don't trust them.