NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

I've decided to switch to NO this week. Carolina only lost by a field goal to Brees+co at home a few weeks ago, not entirely sure I'd definitely trust them in the reverse fixture week 17, not to mention the possibility of NO maybe resting players by then. I'll take the EV boost this week. Good luck everyone!

Edited by CookiesOmNom
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.   This has generally served me well.

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

You had me til MIA, now we can no longer be friends.

What games are people looking at this week?

LAS @ NYJ - would have been a slam dunk a week ago but Raiders get blown out by the Falcons and the Jets did blow them out last year in the same spot

JAX @ MIN - solid pick if you faded the Vikings week 11 vs DAL

NYG @ SEA - Daniel Jones likely out

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

What games are people looking at this week?

LAS @ NYJ - would have been a slam dunk a week ago but Raiders get blown out by the Falcons and the Jets did blow them out last year in the same spot

JAX @ MIN - solid pick if you faded the Vikings week 11 vs DAL

NYG @ SEA - Daniel Jones likely out

11 of 13 remaining in my league have used MIA already so I'm tempted to use them at home to CIN this week and hope for an upset in LV/NYJ game or hope lots of teams go with Seattle. I'm aiming to keep SEA for their home game against the Jets.

7 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

11 of 13 remaining in my league have used MIA already so I'm tempted to use them at home to CIN this week and hope for an upset in LV/NYJ game or hope lots of teams go with Seattle. I'm aiming to keep SEA for their home game against the Jets.

In your situation I’d likely take Miami.

Should of went with the Giants last week so I’d have Miami in play this week. Oh well, I didnt trust the Giants. 

I picked the Raiders for this week but might pivot to the Vikings. The Raiders looked like garbage Sunday and they got smoked by the Jets last year. But Jags haven’t been getting killed in these losses this year and have actually played some good teams really tough, like Green Bay. 

Edited by GurleyTHIRTY

Running out of teams since we have been double picks since week 11.

Good chunk of my pool went with the Giants last week, including me.  When a bad team like the Giants are an option, you have to pounce out of necessity.

I don't feel good about the Raiders this week but again, will pick them again out of necessity since we are still in double picks week given the amount of entries still alive.  There is no other time to use them again and hopefully you have saved enough good times to move from the pack towards the end and pray for some upsets.  I know you are not supposed to go with the masses but I think some times it makes sense given the situation and your future outlook.

But this is all moot if the Raiders go down in a dumpster fire which would be super special given this year's Jets team.

Edited by ludawg23
53 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Raiders are gonna be highest % played this week right? Who’s #2 Vikings? Miami? Saints? 

Per Survivorgrid and looking at an average between Yahoo/Officepool...

LV - 34%

MIN - 27%

SEA - 13%

MIA - 9%

LC - 8%

Going to keep an eye out on the injury report.  If Jacobs doesn't play and if the Jets get a healthy O-Line back this week, I think I am going to completely fade the Raiders.

They flew back to the west coast and now have to fly back east and have historically been very bad in the 1pm games on this side.  Don't feel comfortable with this game one bit but will play this one by ear as we get closer to Sunday.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Going to keep an eye out on the injury report.  If Jacobs doesn't play and if the Jets get a healthy O-Line back this week, I think I am going to completely fade the Raiders.

They flew back to the west coast and now have to fly back east and have historically been very bad in the 1pm games on this side.  Don't feel comfortable with this game one bit but will play this one by ear as we get closer to Sunday.

I feel like this might be a good spot to fade the Raiders as well with the injuries and all the coast-to-coast travel.

This is also likely the Jets only chance for a win ROS (maybe Pats Week 17), so they should be focused.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I feel like this might be a good spot to fade the Raiders as well with the injuries and all the coast-to-coast travel.

This is also likely the Jets only chance for a win ROS (maybe Pats Week 17), so they should be focused.

Considering they will be heavy chalk this week, I agree and then just cross your fingers for a Jets win.  This would really thin out the field.

17 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Per Survivorgrid and looking at an average between Yahoo/Officepool...

LV - 34%

MIN - 27%

SEA - 13%

MIA - 9%

LC - 8%

That is interesting. Do you happen to know if this is just week-to-week top plays or does it factor in the likelihood if a team has already been used??

29 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

That is interesting. Do you happen to know if this is just week-to-week top plays or does it factor in the likelihood if a team has already been used??

It’s just the usage of those teams.

The reason Miami is lower is because a lot of people already used them in one of their matchups against the Jets.

13 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m considering fading the Raiders & Vikings this week and going with the Seahawks, who I was previously saving for Week 14. (Already used Miami, Green Bay & KC)

This would force me to use the Titans @ Jax in Week 14.

Thoughts on that combination?

That's a good call