NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

11 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m considering fading the Raiders & Vikings this week and going with the Seahawks, who I was previously saving for Week 14. (Already used Miami, Green Bay & KC)

This would force me to use the Titans @ Jax in Week 14.

Thoughts on that combination?

I like fading MIN and LV this week for their negative EV. Titans should be a decent pick next week but, depending on the likelihood of your pool going to week 15, make sure you have an option for then because I know SEA and TEN are my best options week 15.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.   This has generally served me well.

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

You had me til MIA, now we can no longer be friends.

5 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

I like fading MIN and LV this week for their negative EV. Titans should be a decent pick next week but, depending on the likelihood of your pool going to week 15, make sure you have an option for then because I know SEA and TEN are my best options week 15.

Yeah, I still have Baltimore, Pittsburgh & Arizona left for Week 15.  

I could go with the Steelers this week to save the Seahawks for Week 14, but with WFT playing better and the Steelers coming off a weird short week against their rivals, that could also be one to avoid.

I'm not sure what I do this week. I probably go with Minnesota just because I want to save some matchups I have for the next few weeks. The two teams I was considering making a switch to were the Saints vs the Falcons. I think the Saints handle them pretty easily but they're my only decent matchup I have left for week 17 when they play the Panthers. The other one was the Titans vs the Browns. With two 8-3 teams this seems like it would be a game to stay away from but I don't think the Browns are as good as their record says and I think the Titans bully them around a bit this game. And I like the Titans low ownership for the Week. But there would be some flip flopping if I went with the Titans this week

How it lines up right no I have...If I picked Minnesota...

Week 14: Titans vs Jags
Week 15: Cardinals vs Eagles
Week 16: Browns vs Jets 

Would probably change it to...If I picked the Titans..

Week 14: Cardinals vs Giants
Week 15: Browns vs Giants
Week 16: Texans vs Bengals 

My pool is down to 798 picks remaining, here is where they went this week:

Kansas City   522

Seattle   94

Miami   70

Green Bay   57

Las Vegas   18

Pittsburgh   17

Minnesota   16

Baltimore   2

Tennessee   1

Buffalo   1

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

My pool is down to 798 picks remaining, here is where they went this week:

Kansas City   522

Seattle   94

Miami   70

Green Bay   57

Las Vegas   18

Pittsburgh   17

Minnesota   16

Baltimore   2

Tennessee   1

Buffalo   1

Very surprised that many teams have KC remaining...

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Very surprised that many teams have KC remaining...

This is just a straight pick a winner pool, sorry I should have stated that. It is a huge multi state endeavor that has been around a long time. You can buy as many pick ($25/) in the beginning of the year as you like, you just have to use them every week.

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This is just a straight pick a winner pool, sorry I should have stated that. It is a huge multi state endeavor that has been around a long time. You can buy as many pick ($25/) in the beginning of the year as you like, you just have to use them every week.

I’m a little confused... So you can just pick KC every week?

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m a little confused... So you can just pick KC every week?

Yep. I know it sounds easy, but it really isn't. Though I fully agree it isn't the challenge as the true 'survivor' style that most here seem to use.

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No idea really? Just laying off all the heavier plays and hoping for upsets I guess.

Interesting.  This seems like it’d be an easy year in that format with a few dominant teams and a couple awful ones.

I feel like there isn’t as much parity as in year’s past... perhaps due to the lack of off-season.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo

You win these games by being the last 1 standing, not standing at the end with thousands of others. The risk of choosing Buffalo is that you have more chance of losing that one week but more chance of winning the entire season (if Buff win and KC loses, your chances of winning the entire season increases by a lot)

Is it worth laying off KC and saving them for week 16 or 17?  Everyone else in my pool has used them so I almost feel like I have to take them this week and just pray for losses from MIA/MIN/LV.

My week 17 is barren if I use KC prior to that week.  That leaves me with PHI vs WAS, LV @ DEN, MIN @ DET, or NYG v DAL in week 17.

I'm looking at MIA, SEA, TEN, HOU, KC if I lay off KC this week

Otherwise, I'm looking at KC, SEA, TEN, HOU and then throw a dart and pray for the best.

14 minutes ago, Deejay said:

I have nothing safe week 17 except KC. 

8 hours ago, hezagenius said:

Is it worth laying off KC and saving them for week 16 or 17? 

Be sure to have a contingency plan in case the Chiefs rest some starters week 17.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a f***ing joke.

The Jets are clearly trying to lose. Leaving your CB 1 on 1 on the outside with no help against the fastest player on the field in that situation is inexcusable.

Could’ve been such a great week for those of us who faded the Raiders and Vikings... instead it’s just another win for the masses.

Squeaked by with the Vikings win. 

I had the Titans picked for next week but there are still around 150 survivors in my 3,000 person tournament. The dude running it just said yesterday that if there are more that 100 survivors after next week we will start going to picking 2 teams every week. So that might change my pick for this week. Might end up going with the Cowboys in week 14 vs the Bengals. 

On 12/6/2020 at 10:12 AM, wekko368 said:

Be sure to have a contingency plan in case the Chiefs rest some starters week 17.

I have none! Thought of that but unlikely KC has nothing to play for. Especially with Pitt losing. But as long as Mahomes plays 1/2 to 3/4 I am in.