NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.   This has generally served me well.

Herbert should smoke this team but if its one coach who would lose to the Jets, it is Anthony Lynn.

You had me til MIA, now we can no longer be friends.

rough week for those of us who have already used Ten and have to make two picks.

What do y'all think about the Cowboys?  They're playing away but it's against the lowly Bengals, who gotta be tanking at this point.  And the Boys didn't look half bad on offense against a decent ravens D.  

I'm also thinking Denver might be a sneaky pick?  No one will be picking them, but Carolina has DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel out, and likely CMC with this injury... thoughts?

f it, i'm going with SEA (obviously) and...the cowboys...am I really going with the f'in cowboys????

they're playing probably the worst team in the league in CIN.  No offensive firepower whatsoever.  I gotta go against the grain at this point.  wish me luck.

Strategy question

I'm in a pool that allows multiple entries.  I have 2 entries left out of the final 7.  Throughout the year, I usually picked the same team for both entries (9 of 13) because I'd rather have to worry about nailing 1 pick instead of 2.  I have SEA left in both pools.  A few other teams also have SEA.  Does it make sense to ride or die with SEA for both entries, or diversify my picks now that there's only a few teams left?  If I don't pick SEA, the next best pick is TEN.  It seems like doubling down on SEA makes the most sense given the alternatives, right?

1 hour ago, hezagenius said:

Strategy question

I'm in a pool that allows multiple entries.  I have 2 entries left out of the final 7.  Throughout the year, I usually picked the same team for both entries (9 of 13) because I'd rather have to worry about nailing 1 pick instead of 2.  I have SEA left in both pools.  A few other teams also have SEA.  Does it make sense to ride or die with SEA for both entries, or diversify my picks now that there's only a few teams left?  If I don't pick SEA, the next best pick is TEN.  It seems like doubling down on SEA makes the most sense given the alternatives, right?

I would for sure go Seattle this week. I don't really like their future schedule whereas Tennessee is still a really strong play week 15 and 17. 

I went with Seattle and Dallas, wish I had the balls to go with Denver and Dallas.  But not bad especially with NO going down to Philly and someone in my pool picking the panthers.

What is everyone thinking about next week?  Ten is an obvious choice, but I've already used them and I have to pick two teams.  My two obvious picks are Baltimore at home vs the Jags and the Steelers at the Bengals.  But if I do want to get cute, I could use the Raiders at home against the Chargers although that game scares me more.

19 hours ago, Windmill said:

If I were you I would stick with BAL and PIT, you made it this far, why would you take the risk? I would think that the Raiders will win that game too, but I think the other two would be my choice

The only reason I would maybe save BAL is because right now, myself and 5 other guys have one strike left (one miss and we're out), while one guy has two strikes left.  

I have to pick two teams from here on out. Kicking myself for not saving Tennessee for this week. Had the Cowboys picked in week 14 but just didn't trust them enough so I switched it at the last minute to the Titans. Really wish I just went with my gut there and saved them for this week, would of been able to go Titans vs Lions and Cardinals vs Eagles. 

I know I'm going to overthink it this week but I'm thinking about taking the Cardinals and 49ers. Would set me up next week for Browns vs Jets and Texans vs Bengals. I could use the Browns this week, they have a fairly easy matchup versus the Giants but if I use them this week that means next week I probably have to pick the Bears to beat the Jaguars, which I have no confidence in.   

Need some last minute advice!!!

I need to pick two teams this week. Most top teams have been picked already. One pick will definitely be the Cards. My other options are 49ers/Cowboys or Bears/Vikings, or the Texans over the Colts or Raiders over the Chargers. I lean towards the Raiders with some thought given to picking the Bears or 49ers.

What do y'all think??

Edited by ZMan17
9 minutes ago, ZMan17 said:

Need some last minute advice!!!

I need to pick two teams this week. Most top teams have been picked already. One pick will definitely be the Cards. My other options are 49ers/Cowboys or Bears/Vikings, or the Texans over the Colts or Raiders over the Chargers. I lean towards the Raiders with some thought given to picking the Bears or 49ers.

What do y'all think??

Raiders prob safest of those

those options aren't great.  I'd definitely fade the Texans, as their team is decimated and the Colts are good.  I'd stay away from Bears/Vikings as it is a divisional game and could go either way.  I'd also fade the raiders, as they are missing some big pieces defensively.  I'd probably go with the 49ers as at least you know they're gonna fight, and their defense could force some turnovers against the cowboys.  plus the cowboys defense is terrible.

Not a true survivor pool, but this is where my pick winners pool is at headed into this weekend:

LA Rams   419

Baltimore   96

Pittsburgh   51

Green Bay   50

Tennessee   13

Indianapolis   6

Buffalo   3

Kansas City   1

Tampa Bay   1