Logan Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep us posted

I had Jonnu and Thomas and ended up cutting Jonnu. Tannehill just isn't going to pass enough on a weekly basis, and when Brown gets back I see Jonnu's target share diminishing. 

Age well this did not

29 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

man, what to do with this guy in 12 team deep leagues? is he going to explode? heard on podcasts that its a "matter of time" ... has to be a QB change...

haskins is the worst qb in the league, id rather stream matchups off waivers and chase a TD than ever start this guy until haskins is on the bench.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

man, what to do with this guy in 12 team deep leagues? is he going to explode? heard on podcasts that its a "matter of time" ... has to be a QB change...

Depends on people's TE depth/roster size, but he's a drop in standard leagues. You can do better from a different Fringe TE1 or just stream the position. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, meekzy said:

haskins is the worst qb in the league, id rather stream matchups off waivers and chase a TD than ever start this guy until haskins is on the bench.

but if there is a qb change and he has a decent/big game, then you gotta scramble to burn a waiver claim or faab. blah...

from cbs:

"

Thomas played 93 percent of offensive snaps in Sunday's 31-17 loss to Baltimore, but he was limited to one catch for eight yards on four targets.

The snap share actually was a season high, though not much of a difference from Week 2 (91 percent) or Week 3 (86 percent). His receiving stats, on the other hand, were season lows across the board, with Thomas falling shy of seven targets and four catches for the first time this year."

93 percent of snaps... 1 catch...smh.

Edited by dannyz6969
4 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

but if there is a qb change and he had a decent/big game, then you gotta scramble to burn a waiver claim or faab. blah...

from cbs:

"

Thomas played 93 percent of offensive snaps in Sunday's 31-17 loss to Baltimore, but he was limited to one catch for eight yards on four targets.

The snap share actually was a season high, though not much of a difference from Week 2 (91 percent) or Week 3 (86 percent). His receiving stats, on the other hand, were season lows across the board, with Thomas falling shy of seven targets and four catches for the first time this year."

93 percent of snaps... 1 catch...smh.

yeah you're just guessing when and if the change happens, he's a decent hold but definitely not starting him until that happens

• Like 1
On 9/30/2020 at 7:56 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Rivera has zero effs to give about any of the Haskins bullchit - he's being paid to turn this horsesheet franchise around ... they are tied for first in the worst division in professional tackle foosball, and have a top 5 defense - they can actually steal that mutha ... watching that  complete bust at qb waste those efforts is not helping ... he bought Allen in for familiarity, he knows the Riverboat Ron system ... a kid like McClaurin is being absolutely wasted - Allen hung some nice numbers up last year with DJ, i could see similar if they switch ... i expect to see him come in for mop up this week, which will likely be 2nd qtr 

IT. CAN'T. BE. ANY. WORSE. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Kyle Allen is bad not sure this helps Thomas at all.

he's no world beater, sure ... but never discount the new HC bringing "his guy" in due to familiarity with the system and schemes ... Rivera knows he can make some noise in that putrid division - their defense is rock solid, and with these exciting kids on offense, especially McClaurin/Gibson, you gotta shake it up. 

DJ Moore had himself a nice time with Allen, no reason a better talent like Terry can't do likewise ... that rising tide lifts all offensive personnel boats - including the good ship Logan. 

(yes, i know Haskins did well vs the Rarbirds, but point is apparently moot to the guy who makes the final decision)

his volume of targets, routes ran, and snaps is ridiculous. but the production hasn't come. anyone have advanced stats and see if it was because haskins wasn't placing the ball in the right spot for logan to catch? uncatchable targets?

9 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

his volume of targets, routes ran, and snaps is ridiculous. but the production hasn't come. anyone have advanced stats and see if it was because haskins wasn't placing the ball in the right spot for logan to catch? uncatchable targets?

Can’t say with exact certainty, but I’ve watched enough Haskins to know that he stares down receivers

• Like 1
13 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

Yes, I have referenced it throughout the thread--LT leads the NFL in uncatchable targets.

It absolutely has had a hand in the benching of Haskins too...it is crazy how many absurdly inaccurate throws he has made, but then factor in that LT is 6'6" with one of the largest catch radii in the entire NFL and it is even sillier. Kyle Allen fed Olsen a bunch last year, there is reason for optimism here imo.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazing what he can accomplish when the QB puts it within his massive catch radius...all 4 looks reeled in for 60 and a sweet TD.

Allen is no world-beater but he can sling it some, and there are a few weapons on the team, Big LT is one of them. Could do a lot worse in the TE spot imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of picking this guy up, but I noticed a small blip. He's run 30+ routes every single game... aside from the most recent game against Dallas where he only ran 17 routes and the backup TE played more than usual. Did anyone watch the game? Anything to be concerned about here? Was he just pulled out in the 3rd and 4th because of the blowout?

Edit: Looking into it more, Mclaurin also ran significantly less routes, so it does look like WAS just pulled starters because of the blowout.

Edited by harck
1 minute ago, harck said:

I was thinking of picking this guy up, but I noticed a small blip. He's run 30+ routes every single game... aside from the most recent game against Dallas where he only ran 17 routes and the backup TE played more than usual. Did anyone watch the game? Anything to be concerned about here? Was he just pulled out in the 3rd and 4th because of the blowout?

Exactly, snaps were curtailed with big lead...he is more in the Gesicki mold, as a move TE that seldom actually play in-line with a hand in the ground.

10 hours ago, whips02 said:

Do we like Logan this week vs NYG?

I'm contemplating starting him [...] Is Logan a mere bye week replacer, or is there anyone using him as their TE1? Only 4 targets in the last 2 games is concerning, but he does have 2 TD's as well. Logan is out their for a majority of snaps right?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

I'm contemplating starting him [...] Is Logan a mere bye week replacer, or is there anyone using him as their TE1? Only 4 targets in the last 2 games is concerning, but he does have 2 TD's as well. Logan is out their for a majority of snaps right?

I have Hooper stashed as my TE answer ROS(hopefully), but I may use Logan this week. I think he's as fine a rental as any, long term I don't see a breakout or anything but he could stick in that TE8-12 range. Certainly usable ROS if not super exciting. He's talented, Washington offense is just poop although it's gotten better with Allen

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

I think it's more how you phrased it, but he's had exactly 4 targets in his last 4 games--but since Allen took over he is averaging 14.5 yards per reception, and 2 TD in last 2 games...he took off a lot of snaps in 2nd H of DAL game, but he is still out there as much as most any TE in the game. There is no clear WR2 target for the WFT, and that greatly benefits big LT--who spends most of his time split out from the line.

• Thanks 1