NBC Sports Edge Forums

Logan Thomas 2020 Outlook

Has there been a worse year for TE's? Other than Kelce, the rest is such a toss up. Kittle's done, Andrew's has been hit or miss, I guess Waller would be #2 overall and then what? I thought Jonnu was going to be a stud but he's fallen off hard. I may roll the dice with this cat this week.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep us posted

I had Jonnu and Thomas and ended up cutting Jonnu. Tannehill just isn't going to pass enough on a weekly basis, and when Brown gets back I see Jonnu's target share diminishing. 

Age well this did not

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

Has there been a worse year for TE's? Other than Kelce, the rest is such a toss up. Kittle's done, Andrew's has been hit or miss, I guess Waller would be #2 overall and then what? I thought Jonnu was going to be a stud but he's fallen off hard. I may roll the dice with this cat this week.

[...] Thinking about starting Thomas this week. 

K. Allen has been targeting him, he scored in the last matchup with the NYG, and you attack the NYG in the middle not the perimeter (unless it's McLaurin).

Decent bet this week.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1

Yeah while NYGs matchup is more middle of the road against TEs, you almost have to view big LT as a slot WR...and the Giants are very giving versus them.

Honestly, I am at the point in TE roulette where I can no longer see more than 6 or so of them that I'd prefer at this point. Get on board folks.

13 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Good year for TE sleepers IMO. 

[...]

People paid a premium for Kelce, kittle, ertz, Andrews and season long players really only gonna have Kelce.

TEs are brutal, that's why I prefer to pray on sleepers getting steady 10 then target big dogs. If your sleeper misses you can always fine 1 streaming TE... Sometimes. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
43 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

How do we feel about him now with Alex Smith in there?  Not too impressive last game but he did get 6 targets and the Lions aren't great against tight ends.

Liked him more with the guy hitting him for TDs...still, this might not be the worst with Smitty? He is at least pretty accurate in the short/intermediate range.

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Really looked smooth out there yesterday. Came a small Alex Smith overthrow from an easy 40+ yard catch and possible TD.

[...] I'll take it.  That long almost-reception was close.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I think he has some serious upside this week, along with a more than manageable floor.

Terry will be shadowed by a pretty decent corner (William Jackson) and several other WFT rotational WRs are hurting/questionable.

LT doesn't leave the field and plays a ton in the slot--another very weak area for the Cincy D.

Cincy is ranked 31st in OVP against TEs and they are dead last in Adj FPA--a full 2 points worse than the second worse team!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, damageinc said:

On paper a top 10 start this week. Not that its suprising but starting him over Jonnu. Love the upside.

Same move I'm doing. He plays a super high snap % which is great.

Yeesh that was a bummer, basically got game scripted out of the 2nd H...not common for the WFT. I still think the usage makes him worth another shot this week:

-He is running a route on 84.9% of the QB dropbacks, highest rate for any TE in the NFL.

-DAL is very generous to TEs and slot receivers

-TEs are what they are, he will get looks and is always an option in the RZ...

• 2 weeks later...

Outside of Kelce, Waller, Hock, Tonyan, Gronk, Andrews and maybe Engram/Ebron...there is nobody I'd feel more comfortable with than Big LT.

He played 100% of the snaps last week and runs a route on nearly all of Smith's dropbacks.

He just offers solid bankable usage that you won't find in the sea of meh that is the TE landscape.

Someone dropped him in my league last week and I was shocked to wake up this morning to see I grabbed him not having any FAAB left. I'm stocked! Very encouraging that he played 100% of the snaps in the last game. Seems to have a safe floor as Alex Smith's safety blanket. Throw in a tuddy and we gravy. Gibson being out should raise his floor even more.

• Like 1