NBC Sports Edge Forums

Logan Thomas 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, vikesrube said:

SF dst is listed as best against the TE. Is there any reason for optimism other than usage?

Yeah they really are tops against defending the TE position (-8.1 ADJ FPA) can't spin that any other way.

Knox did get open for a TD last week, I guess the biggest thing is that SF has 2 really good corners in Sherm/Verrett--both perimeter guys that will mostly battle Terry and C Sims. Thomas, while listed as a TE, basically lines up wide and esp in the slot for the most part. I think this makes his matchup not quite as daunting, just depends if SF stays in base and keeps a LB over him or goes into nickel and then the mismatches begin. The usage is just too good to not roll the dice imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep us posted

I had Jonnu and Thomas and ended up cutting Jonnu. Tannehill just isn't going to pass enough on a weekly basis, and when Brown gets back I see Jonnu's target share diminishing. 

Age well this did not

1 hour ago, HarambeLives said:

He even startable if it’s Haskins under center?

I mean, it sucks but I don't have any other choice. Not rolling 2 catch Jonnu out there. I would think others don't have many other options either. All you can do is hope and prey Haskins plays somewhat of a decent game.

Can anyone provide some numbers for Logan when Haskin's was still starting?

Edited by RoseLin23
42 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

It was the beginning of the season, Big LT was peppered with targets (8,9,7)--but roughly 60+% were deemed uncatchable, and even a high % of the ones he caught were at his damn knees (he still hauled in 4 grabs those games with a TD but minimal yardage)...Haskin is just a bad QB, but I still think Smitty is playing this weekend 🤞

• Thanks 1
On 12/17/2020 at 5:38 AM, RoseLin23 said:

I mean, it sucks but I don't have any other choice. Not rolling 2 catch Jonnu out there. I would think others don't have many other options either. All you can do is hope and prey Haskins plays somewhat of a decent game.

Not sure anyone even knew about Logan Thomas while Haskin was starting 😬

In the 4 games Haskins started Thomas had: 13/102/1

The last 2 games that Alex Smith started he had:  13/108/2 

😬😬😬😬

6 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

he was locked into most lineups regardless but with the news that Terry is out this makes for a nice play. 

Plus Captain Checkdown had a full practice today.  Giddy up!!!

Glad this tout worked out (esp in the TE premium best balls!!), I think he will still be fairly cheap to acquire in dynasty and maybe even in redraft?

His age will likely be held against him, but if he gets a full year with Smith or another solid QB, I think he can easily pull off a TOP TE 5-8 area type of 2021.

If you watch enough of him, he just keeps improving--he has only been playing TE for about 2-3 years.

• Like 2