NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Carson Wentz 2020 Outlook

ZappB

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

There just isn't much upside here, unfortunately.

I’m an eagles fan and I can definitely agree here. Receivers are too small and use speed to get open but with no time for routes to develop the only time I can start Wentz is against a weak Dline. That’s why only the TE will be viable starting options until they can clamp down on protection. 

5 hours ago, LAeagle said:

The question is when in the next few games would you be willing to start? 
Rams

Bengals

Ravens 

Steelers 

I’m not sure im willing to hold just because the bengals are there. I’m sure as hell im not starting against the other 3 

I'm planning to hold Wentz, but of those matchups I'd only feel really comfortable starting him against the Bengals.

59 minutes ago, typh00n2k said:

lol, I'm starting with everyone freaking out. Usually always works out this way :)

Right there with you. I don't know why, but I feel optimistic about this matchup.

55 minutes ago, typh00n2k said:

BTW, he's facing the rams, same team that passed on him #1 overall... Love motivational games... big bounce back fellas 

And the one who wrecked his knee when he was having an MVP season in 2017. He's got motivation in spades!

• Like 1

5 turnovers w/ 2 TDs through the first 2 weeks. I had this guy pegged as top 5 upside and as a big time value pick in drafts this year. Is the O-line that bad? 

He did more with so much less at his disposal last year. His weapons are more than sufficient at this point. What's the deal? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

5 turnovers w/ 2 TDs through the first 2 weeks. I had this guy pegged as top 5 upside and as a big time value pick in drafts this year. Is the O-line that bad? 

He did more with so much less at his disposal last year. His weapons are more than sufficient at this point. What's the deal? 

2 words:

Brandon Brooks.

trying to calm the rage responses -  didnt watch a lot but from what I saw he has definitely lost his mojo....I think its the combo of the injuries....OL/WR injuries/lack of talent...I also think the playcalling/coaching has gone downhill.....this was a top 5 dynasty QB who is spiraling......Rams are a good D so Im not dropping but definitely worried.....I do like his talent and am holding in keeper/dynasty....think he can rebound.  

That was rough and very disappointing. The line played admirably given the circumstances, but Wentz was just off. He has clearly regressed. His poor mechanics and either refusal or inability to use his legs to escape pressure and make plays on the run are really getting exploited. Leadership skills also seem to be wanting. I blame a lot of this on the coaching staff. I think they've coddled him and fueled a corrosive ego to the point that he lacks the introspection needed to be self-aware and correct his mistakes, and he isn't being challenged to demonstrate the ability to lead the team when things go South. I can't bench him with the forthcoming matchup. I'll probably stay the course longer than most will, but I don't blame anyone looking for better options down the line.

• Like 2