NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Carson Wentz 2020 Outlook

ZappB

7 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

ROS Outlook? [...] I still struggle looking at his weapons, plus having Sanders out this week is rough. Anyone starting him?

Schedule is awesome...[...] He is producing despite his weapons...looking like he's making good throws again. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Anyone rolling him out there tonight? I know over half the offense is out, but he's looked better lately, and that near comeback against the Ravens' was really something. Giants are pretty bad, you figure it's unlikely Philly gets a rushing TD (unless it's Wentz). Wentz should have a pretty high floor with reasonable upside. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Anyone rolling him out there tonight? I know over half the offense is out, but he's looked better lately, and that near comeback against the Ravens' was really something. Giants are pretty bad, you figure it's unlikely Philly gets a rushing TD (unless it's Wentz). Wentz should have a pretty high floor with reasonable upside. 

I'm going back and forth between him, Teddy, Minshew, and Burrows. As you said, with no Sanders, Goedert, Ertz, etc., his options are so limited on offense. Makes me nervous for sure. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

I'm going back and forth between him, Teddy, Minshew, and Burrows. As you said, with no Sanders, Goedert, Ertz, etc., his options are so limited on offense. Makes me nervous for sure. 

Wentz is probably highest upside due to rushing floor and 25 points implied. Teddy has shown the floor can be low, and Minshew is OK, and Burrow is OK. go with minshew or burrow if you prefer safety.

I think he's a fine top-15 play this week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

starting him tonight with my fingers crossed. the qb WW is rather barren in my 12 team 1qb league currently and wentz is the best option. 

1 minute ago, drisser said:

Wentz is quietly turning into a consistent QB1. Considering grabbing him and starting him over Allen going forward.

The schedule is set up really awesomely for the stretch run:

-DAL, NYG, CLE, SEA, GB, NO, ARZ and DAL again...

With the return of stud pass catchers Sanders and Goedert, plus Reagor... giddy up.

• Like 4

He's playing much better, but the offensive line is going to continue to be an issue that will, unfortunately, cap his ceiling. As long as he keeps playing with confidence and using his legs to avoid the rush and get the ball out of his hands, the impact should be reduced. Hopefully the rush yards keep coming. They're not usually going to be comfortably ahead in their games, so he will be throwing at a high clip the rest of the season. As long as he stays healthy, we should benefit. QB5 overall is not out of the realm of possibility.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:22 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

The schedule is set up really awesomely for the stretch run:

-DAL, NYG, CLE, SEA, GB, NO, ARZ and DAL again...

With the return of stud pass catchers Sanders and Goedert, plus Reagor... giddy up.

how'd that work weeks 1 and 2? :)

if wentz is consistently going to call his own number at the stripe and score TD's rushing then he'll keep putting up solid numbers.

49 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Losing Jackson is great for Wentz. He's a bum now. They need to get Quez Watkins going in his spot.

I don't see how it's great for him. The lack of a downfield threat makes them one dimensional and consequently limits Wentz's upside. Also, while Jackson is injury prone at this point in his career, he actually looked pretty good out there until Madre Harper broke his ankle with a cheap shot. This wasn't the typical soft-tissue situation that has hampered him.

The good news is Reagor should be back after the bye, so they'll hopefully be able to stretch the field again, which should theoretically open things up underneath, giving Wentz more passing outlets.

This dudes ROS schedule is ridiculous, seems as if his weapons are getting healthy now, in addition to Fulgham emerging. Reagor looks like he has a shot to play this week just hoping he can stay on the field for the long term. The stars are aligning for some huge games. 

• Like 2

I guess the writing was on the wall. Even when he was putting up those good scores in the last couple of weeks he was actually bad. I just hoped that Dallas would be bad enough themselves for it not to matter.

The OL is dreadful and the Cowboys D were fired up. Yet he just seemed almost...nonchalant? Complacent? Posted in the matchday thread that his decisions in the first half were completely baffling.

Yet another nail in the coffin of the concept of streaming quarterbacks.

Edited by leffe186
Typo
  • Like 2