NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carson Wentz 2020 Outlook

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson this matchup was suppose to be one that us fantasy players were going to go googoo over. 
Fantasypros gave you a grade of A matchup it was ranked #5. I fell for the trap what a pitiful performance. 

On 10/28/2020 at 6:38 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Back to back 28 point performances against Baltimore and then the Giants.

Reagor is back, Goedert back soon, ROS schedule looks good. I'm buying.

Nobody is buying 

6 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I didn't watch the game.  What the heck happened?  Was it all on Wentz?  Did he have protection problems?  Unreal man.  At Philly no less.

How is it not always on Wentz? His team was healthier this week, and the Cowboys just let Antonio freaking Gibson put up 130 yards and Kyle allen almost throw for 300 last week. Kyle Allen

Don't care if Vander Esch and Sean Lee were back. Those don't magically turn your defense into a 4 turnover juggernaut. Wentz just doesn't get rid of the ball, holds onto it too long, inaccurate when he can't be, and is just making poor decision after poor decision.

This was supposed to be a 15-17 pt lock this week minimum. Instead, got 8 pts. Like most of you all, I was counting on him as a bye-week fill in and was excited about him long term this season as the team's healthier.

Just turns out that Wentz is just trash and he will let you down when you need him most. Therefore, drop. 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

How is it not always on Wentz? His team was healthier this week, and the Cowboys just let Antonio freaking Gibson put up 130 yards and Kyle allen almost throw for 300 last week. Kyle Allen

Don't care if Vander Esch and Sean Lee were back. Those don't magically turn your defense into a 4 turnover juggernaut. Wentz just doesn't get rid of the ball, holds onto it too long, inaccurate when he can't be, and is just making poor decision after poor decision.

This was supposed to be a 15-17 pt lock this week minimum. Instead, got 8 pts. Like most of you all, I was counting on him as a bye-week fill in and was excited about him long term this season as the team's healthier.

Just turns out that Wentz is just trash and he will let you down when you need him most. Therefore, drop. 

Wentz is not trash, the problem is after you play fantasy for a while you learn that the "matchup" only means so much.  People think "oh they are playing Dallas or Seattle, that's a lock for top 10 production", just doesn't work that way.

With 6pt passing TDs in my leagues, Wentz was the QB9 leading into this week.  That's about where he was drafted, and also probably where he will finish around(give or take).  The problem is, all back-end QB1s will have down games, and if you think you can predict those just based on matchups, you are wrong.  Either pay up to get the very elite QBs(and even they have bad games), or this is the game you play all year.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

I didn't watch the game.  What the heck happened?  Was it all on Wentz?  Did he have protection problems?  Unreal man.  At Philly no less.

I didn't watch last night, but I'm going to safely assume yes. He got pressured hit on what seemed like every play against the Giants last week. 

I'm not saying he's been great by any means, but in his defense, the guy has no protection and no weapons. 

I watched the past few games - he definitely has the yips and has looked bad....he also is getting absolutely crushed behind an awful OL.  e may be a lost cause this year but Id definitely hold or even buy low in dynasty as his value is as low as it could be.  

On 10/28/2020 at 4:48 PM, CroNY said:

This dudes ROS schedule is ridiculous, seems as if his weapons are getting healthy now, in addition to Fulgham emerging. Reagor looks like he has a shot to play this week just hoping he can stay on the field for the long term. The stars are aligning for some huge games. 

This couldn't possibly have aged worse.

• Haha 1

He had a bad game. Didn't look right, right from the get go. Maybe Dallas were more motivated after their whooping the previous 2 games and somehow spooked him, I dunno.  Regaor and Goederts first games back after injuries maybe there were miscommunications there. He was terrible last night no question but still managed to get it going in the 2nd half.

The Eagles offense should be reasonably healthy and better prepared after the bye and their schedule. I wouldn't be so quick to rule Wentz out of Fantasy calculations

To me the biggest problem with Wentz is that he refuses to release the ball quickly for short yardage gains.  Throw it.  He holds it forever.  And keeps trying to throw downfield too much.  Into coverage too.  Keep the chains moving.  Slants, outs, running back screens.  Really frustrating.  

• Like 1

Definitely has been playing dumb lately, but I am not ready to cut bait just yet. I don't need him to be a good quarterback, just give me fantasy points. To this point, he has done that. Keeping an eye on him for sure tho...

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
24 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Everyone dropping during this waiver run? He left a really terrible taste in my mouth as I was banking on a solid bye-week fill-in. [...]

Depends on league size really. If I dropped him he'd be the best QB on waivers by a pretty wide margin. So he's a hold for me. He's still been productive from a fantasy perspective and in theory he should get better with guys returning.

Yes he doesn’t seem to be the same player he was a couple of years ago but anyone would be struggling when your supposedly main 6 weapons have spent most of the year injured. Sanders, Ertz, Goedert, Reagor, Jackson, Jeffery. Still comfortably sits in the top 10qbs for fantasy in my league setups and that’s despite turnovers etc. To me this is a classic fantasy overreaction and come years end will be like qb8 on the season which is probably marginally better than where he was drafted in most leagues.

Edited by Black_Panther
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This guy is absolute toast. How this is this same guy I owned as a rookie and in that insane year 2 is just astonishing. It looks like he has no clue how to play the position. And the most disturbing part is that it doesn’t appear that he cares. I doubt they will do it but they should give Hurts a shot.

18 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

This guy is absolute toast. How this is this same guy I owned as a rookie and in that insane year 2 is just astonishing. It looks like he has no clue how to play the position. And the most disturbing part is that it doesn’t appear that he cares. I doubt they will do it but they should give Hurts a shot.

I posted this in the vent thread, but it’s like the more weapons Wentz has available, the worse fantasy numbers he puts up. It’s unbelievable. I’ve seen some calling him a league winner for his schedule and weapons returning then he lays an egg like today. What a POS. 

I don't get this offense at all.  He keeps looking downfield constantly.  Even on 3rd and short.  Can you just have this offense throw some screens, slant passes, quick hitting throws.  WTF is wrong with this coaching staff.  Its the same thing week after week.  He looks and looks, holds the ball forever, either gets sacked or throws an incompletion down field.  And all of a sudden he stops running.  That's been a huge part of his game, and he rushes for 4 yards.  Meanwhile in the same game you see Jones running for huge gains and thinking why couldn't I have him.  

This guy is absolute garbage 

12 int 9 fumbles forget that! 
Not to mention terrible o line. 
I’m in a deeper league so there’s no choice but to hold him. He’s just a clog on your bench tbh