NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carson Wentz 2020 Outlook

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God, what a fraudulent football player. This dude SUCKS. He is a terrible QB. He plays the QB position exactly the way you DO NOT want your QB to play it. 

Basically a Homeless Man's Josh Allen. I have always thought - If Josh Allen was dumb, inaccurate, a choker, and a loser...he would be Carson Wentz.

All that hype for nothing. 

Dumpster fire QB. Awful. 

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

90% chance of rain in Cleveland...I'd pass

Rain means nothing.  This has been analyzed over and over, unless it’s subzero rain or 30mph wind/gusts carry on normal.

Edited by ap0calypse
10 hours ago, Martinlongbow said:

Am i the only starting him this week? Who are you chosing over him?

I'm starting over Stafford.  Look I am not gonna refute anything thats been said in here.  Most of it is true.   This team has historically played well in situations where the world is counting them out (@ Buff last year, @ GB two years ago).  From everything I heard out of Doug this week, it sounds like you may see more run to set up pass then we have seen in a few years.   Trying to capture that 2017 success with more designed play action and rollouts should help open up more big plays down field. 

If nothing else, it was encouraging to see him take better care of the football last week.  Now lets see if the coaching staff can deliver on their promise and devise a better gameplan for success.

11 hours ago, Martinlongbow said:

you’re not alone, I’m starting him in one of my leagues. I have Hill but don’t feel comfortable starting him in his first start, I need to see him play out a game before trusting him in my lineup.

I think it’s worth noting that outside the past two games Wentz was putting up decent enough QB numbers (maybe slightly padded by some rush TDs). He’s not really a guy you get excited about starting but he can definitely get his points.

12 hours ago, Martinlongbow said:

I probably am. My choices are Wentz, Carr, or picking up Taysom Hill in a 6 points per passing TD, 2 point per interception league. I was going with Carr until I heard Myles Garrett was out. Without Myles Garrett the matchup seems good but its still hard to trust Wentz. That said, Carr plays a tougher Defense and Taysom Hill seems like an even bigger risk. Hill seems more exciting but his floor could be a first quarter fumble on an option play, a stalled drive, an interception and a quick end to the Taysom Hill experiment. 

Edited by TuesdaymorningQB

I realize he didn't look great to start the year, but from a fantasy perspective he was at least productive. It's just been an absolute trainwreck lately. I know guys are banged up but they have been for a while. Not sure what changed to make him get THIS bad. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

The problem are not int or fumbles. That is 1 point deducted in default yahoo settings. 

The problem is when the opponent takes time off the clock with the running game. I could see that with the browns today. 

That being said I will start him and (have to) trust him one last time. Pressure rate from the browns is below average so he could have more time. Hopefully he will not just hold the ball longer. 

Edited by dorwell

I get Jay Cutler vibes from Wentz sometimes to be honest, just this aloof type attitude he seems to have. This team needs to be blown up/revamp, I don’t see some epic turn around. Been burned starting him twice already in great matchups. 

Edited by CroNY