NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

55 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Wednesday injury reports are ūüí©. Wait until Friday.

I would typically agree with this.  However, coming off a bye week this is not typical.  Couple that with Jacksons history of injuries and it is just one more reason to hold going forward.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one out please turn off the lights

Guess who's currently PFF highest graded RB in pass blocking???.. Youve guessed it! Its Joshua Kelley with a 87.1 rating and 0 sacks/pressures/hurries/hits allowed on 12 pass blocking snaps.  Wh

Not a good gif as this dude dies like 1min after. 

3 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

I would typically agree with this.  However, coming off a bye week this is not typical.  Couple that with Jacksons history of injuries and it is just one more reason to hold going forward.

Yep, I dropped Kelley before the BYE when it was apparent Jackson won the starting role. Regretting it now though as seeing injury reports like this out of a BYE are always worrying. Knee injuries in particular aren't like "thigh" or "groin" limited because the guy got a bit of massaging from a trainer. If Jackson shows up again tomorrow or Friday, this is big for Kelley who might have a backfield all to himself against an absolutely terrible Jacksonville defense that has made every player look like the second coming of LT.

The only thing that makes me think this might not be too serious is that beat writers aren't being inquisitive about it nor did Lynn talk about it or the RB situation at all when it came to media time.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, harck said:

Yep, I dropped Kelley before the BYE when it was apparent Jackson won the starting role. Regretting it now though as seeing injury reports like this out of a BYE are always worrying. Knee injuries in particular aren't like "thigh" or "groin" limited because the guy got a bit of massaging from a trainer. If Jackson shows up again tomorrow or Friday, this is big for Kelley who might have a backfield all to himself against an absolutely terrible Jacksonville defense that has made every player look like the second coming of LT.

The only thing that makes me think this might not be too serious is that beat writers aren't being inquisitive about it nor did Lynn talk about it or the RB situation at all when it came to media time.

I believe Jackson plays this week.  I was contemplating dropping Kelley but figured one more week against a D that is more RB friendly.  The Saints run D is legit.  No expectations. The Jackson news is just a reminder of how frail he is.

• Like 2

I jumped all over this guy after his 23 carries against the Chiefs. Opportunity is king no doubt but man he doesn’t look good in my opinion. Nothing stands out. No burst. No wiggle. It looked like he found a decent lane on a pitch play against the saints but didn’t have the acceleration to turn it into much. It will be interesting to see what he does with his opportunities moving forward. Lynn seems to like him so maybe he can coach him up a little. 

He looks slow.  Funny thing is he out touched Jackson 17 to 10 I believe as he was not much better.

However, 17 touches makes me keep him on my bench another week.

Edited by jjbooda

We definitely don't talk enough about the fact their two best lineman Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga have been out since Ekeler got hurt. Tough matchup this week but after that the schedule opens up big time. Touchdowns are unpredictable, but I think if he still continues to get usage at the goal line good things will happen.

• Like 1