NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

41 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I mean, if you compared MGIII at Wisconsin vs Kelley at UCLA I think you'd be hard pressed to say Kelley looked better.

But perhaps you're right, he may just be a better fit.  I'm not really loving that Pouncey and Bulaga are out already though, speaking of o line issues.

It is more of a comparison of MGIII post college, after he developed a bone on bone knee issue (that required a micro-fracture surgery) and how he was awfully underwhelming as a rookie...and didn't really rebound until recently. I think he left a lot of yards on the field as a pro, yards that Kelley can possibly capitalize on...but it is def a guessing game. Still the role has value in this offense imo.

• Like 1
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one out please turn off the lights

Guess who's currently PFF highest graded RB in pass blocking???.. Youve guessed it! Its Joshua Kelley with a 87.1 rating and 0 sacks/pressures/hurries/hits allowed on 12 pass blocking snaps.  Wh

Not a good gif as this dude dies like 1min after. 

I mean if you can get pretty close to a Melvin Gordon type timeshare with ANY more efficiency than 3.8/3.9ypc that Melvin averaged we are going to have a pretty productive player. The biggest thing is seeing what type of split they run week 1. If they slot him in that Melvin role people will be running to the wire to get him.

He's a stash we are hoping pays off. I think most of us are in agreement Ekeler can't be a bell cow. So it's more of an argument of what the distribution between him and Justin Jackson is. 

FWIW Jackson is listed as RB2 on the depth chart. But this also a world where Dobbins is 4th on his RB depth chart and no one is taking that at face value. After the starters backup positions don't really paint a clear picture.

Bottom line is one of these backs is going to be productive imo.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It is more of a comparison of MGIII post college, after he developed a bone on bone knee issue (that required a micro-fracture surgery) and how he was awfully underwhelming as a rookie...and didn't really rebound until recently. I think he left a lot of yards on the field as a pro, yards that Kelley can possibly capitalize on...but it is def a guessing game. Still the role has value in this offense imo.

Sure, I understand.  But for better or worse you can't really make that comparison, because Kelley doesn't have a post college career just yet.

24 minutes ago, DezDynastyBryant said:

found the ekeler owner

I don’t own Ekeler. I’m just saying don’t get too excited with Kelley. He’s a good RB3 or 4 with huge upside potential. Right now, he’s TD dependent and won’t score every game.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:44 PM, Spina said:

This kid has earned the vacated role left by Melvin, and is now Ekeler's sidekick.

Would think he'd be owned more: 11%

...that should rise following Week 1 when everyone catches on.

Free Value to be had.

When the Head Coach (...and former running back) gives a ringing endorsement of a young RB, everyone should probably take notice.

Should of had two TDs - the receptions will come as we move along

Week 1:

Joshua Kelly: 16pt (Free)

Austin Ekeler: 12.80 (1st/2nd Round)

*my league

Hopefully you added yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Anthony Lynn said he doesn't think the #Chargers would have won today if they didn't have Joshua Kelley, who rushed for 60 yards and a TD on 12 carries." 

- wont overreact but 12/60 and 1 TD. Obvious goal line carries. Jackson with a quad injury coming off injuries during camp. Path now clear for "Melvin" role. Not bad for someone who should be on our bench/Flex play/desperate play. Got him for $0 on waivers last wk. Prob wont be league winner...but most certainly not droppable and will be useful going forward. Eckler owners...ur fine. Hes not going anywhere, but its funny how people assume all those Rivers checkdowns were going to transfer over to Tyrod. Hines now getting fed...its not a coincidence

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Hes on the waiver wire, thinking about dropping Bell's lame azz for him. All Bell does it take up a roster spot while doing nothing or getting hurt. 

I wouldnt blame you. Dolphins fan here so Im familiar with Gase's work. I stayed away from anything Gase is near for fantasy. He literally has no clue what hes doing. Bell's stock is at a low. Might as well keep him. I think Gase gets fired soon. Not sure he makes it to week 8

12 minutes ago, Spina said:

Should of had two TDs - the receptions will come as we move along

Week 1:

Joshua Kelly: 16pt (Free)

Austin Ekeler: 12.80 (1st/2nd Round)

*my league

Hopefully you added yesterday.

I do like him, but again I don't think I can get carried away with this offense. He does look like a solid player however. 

We'll see how it plays out. Getting nightmares of 2014 Jeremy Hill coming in and stealing my 3rd round pick Gio Benard's starting spot just because he fit what he wanted to do, not because he was better.

Edited by USWAY
  • Haha 1