Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one out please turn off the lights

Guess who's currently PFF highest graded RB in pass blocking???.. Youve guessed it! Its Joshua Kelley with a 87.1 rating and 0 sacks/pressures/hurries/hits allowed on 12 pass blocking snaps.  Wh

Not a good gif as this dude dies like 1min after. 

5 hours ago, noles1983 said:

Hes on the waiver wire, thinking about dropping Bell's lame azz for him. All Bell does it take up a roster spot while doing nothing or getting hurt. 

It’s week one. Don’t overreact. Def pick up Kelly. But I’m sure u can drop another bum on ur team

I went back thru his carries, and it is hard not to be excited. 2 traits really stand out:

-Vision, he sees lanes really well. Anticipates defender angles and has a feel for where his blockers are.

-Acceleration, was very taken with how narrow he can make himself and then gas it thru the hole, most guys with his size are not this quick laterally too...he can stick a foot into the ground and get up-field with almost no hitch, it is really a glide (almost Arian Foster-esque).

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I still don't see how he's more than a TD dependent flex unless Ekeler got hurt he'd be an RB1 for sure.

Kelley didn't get his first carry til late first half (2/7).

he then went on to an impressive 10/53/1 second half, and Lynn will lean on this running game all he needs to. 

stand alone flex value, because this is gonna be a very run heavy offense - he should see 15 carries a game, and, yes - the majority of gl. 

go look at the film ... he's special. 

• Like 2

I dropped him week 1, and I get that he looks special, but fantasy twitter and this board are taking victory laps over someone who may top out at 12-15 carries a game in a low-scoring offense. I think his prospects are bright, but why is he the #1 waiver claim? Ekeler is not going away at all, and I'm not even sure MG3 role exists anymore in this offense. 12 carries for 60 in a debut is pretty good, but I do not see a high ceiling here. Moderate floor if he gets the touches, but no receptions is a major bummer.

Probably a better buy in standard leagues but I think most people play half ppr or full.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I dropped him week 1, and I get that he looks special, but fantasy twitter and this board are taking victory laps over someone who may top out at 12-15 carries a game in a low-scoring offense. I think his prospects are bright, but why is he the #1 waiver claim? Ekeler is not going away at all, and I'm not even sure MG3 role exists anymore in this offense. 12 carries for 60 in a debut is pretty good, but I do not see a high ceiling here. Moderate floor if he gets the touches, but no receptions is a major bummer.

Probably a better buy in standard leagues but I think most people play half ppr or full.

what victory laps?

we had an inkling the kid would supplant JJ behind Ekeler, even without injury ... well, JJ got Wally Pipped, and a RB getting touches in a run heavy scheme is noteworthy - pernts is pernts, mah man ... love knowing that i can plug this kid in as my flex with the full knowledge that he will get me usage ... look around the barren RB scrap heap in most leegs - excitement is warranted in context. 

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Is it just me or does this kid remind you of a young Brandon Jacobs?

At about fifty pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter, I still kinda see what you mean based on his touches. Maybe its the jersey #. Or maybe its his power running. He seems like a rumbler for his size. Plus I think we're used to seeing all these small-bodied running backs.

I got Hines ahead of him, but I hope I can grab him with my waiver priority.

"Anthony Lynn said the new scheme — primarily the increased QB and pocket movement — will limit check downs to RBs, including Austin Ekeler, who only had one target Sunday. But he said it's still a priority to get Ekeler touches moving forward" 

- I mean....just saying, Looks like Lynn wants to ground and pound. only one RB on the team for that

18 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

"Anthony Lynn said the new scheme — primarily the increased QB and pocket movement — will limit check downs to RBs, including Austin Ekeler, who only had one target Sunday. But he said it's still a priority to get Ekeler touches moving forward" 

- I mean....just saying, Looks like Lynn wants to ground and pound. only one RB on the team for that

Think I'm abandoning ship on all Chargers pass catchers outside of Henry just for this reasoning. This has the makings of a grind it out team...possibly good for Josh Kelley if the LAC defense holds up. Going long on the LAC run game right now is looking like a good investment and team outlook. 

He's neck and neck with AP for my third priority at RB (I'm in a league with Malcolm Brown gone) - but as well as Brown, I'd put Hines and Snell ahead of him.

Still, even though Ekeler should be the guy, the Chargers are obsessed with their bigger backs and Kelley looked really good in his time on the field.

6 hours ago, Stallion said:

He's neck and neck with AP for my third priority at RB (I'm in a league with Malcolm Brown gone) - but as well as Brown, I'd put Hines and Snell ahead of him.

Still, even though Ekeler should be the guy, the Chargers are obsessed with their bigger backs and Kelley looked really good in his time on the field.

Hines ahead him even in standard?

i see very good situation for Kelley

4 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Do you think Kelley take the lead for running? And Ekeler used as the same role than before . 

Keenan Allen seems to want to 'feed him'

Kelley was also nominated for Good Morning Football's "Angry Runs Week 1 Awards" this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1