NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He sat out last week entirely. His hip (amongst a malady of other ailments) has been an issue for quite awhile. His play has been inconsistent --at best-- the last 3 years. I believe he is a lot more name than game at this point, prob not a big loss--outside of his leadership.

And that's the end of that. Signs point up for Jelley

• Like 1
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one out please turn off the lights

Guess who's currently PFF highest graded RB in pass blocking???.. Youve guessed it! Its Joshua Kelley with a 87.1 rating and 0 sacks/pressures/hurries/hits allowed on 12 pass blocking snaps.  Wh

Not a good gif as this dude dies like 1min after. 

Too much hype in this thread. Ekeler is going to get too much work out of this backfield, and as long as Tyrod is the starter the offense overall is going to be pretty anemic. Kelley's value is going to be whether or not he gets a TD, and I wouldn't bet on him getting more than 6 on the season.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

Too much hype in this thread. Ekeler is going to get too much work out of this backfield, and as long as Tyrod is the starter the offense overall is going to be pretty anemic. Kelley's value is going to be whether or not he gets a TD, and I wouldn't bet on him getting more than 6 on the season.

Yeah. It's weird how threads about guys like this are so hype. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

Isn't that what a hype thread is?

7 hours ago, Cardiak said:

Yeah. It's weird how threads about guys like this are so hyped

A Waiver-Wire RB who steps into the Melvin Gordon role should be discussed on a Fantasy Football Forum.

....excitement for a young, talented FREE player getting opportunities? Yes

Hype though? Don't believe so...

[hasn't cracked my lineup yet, and I lost Le'Veon and Mack last week]

9 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Best breakdown I've seen of Jelley all week.  I'm going to have a tough decision in the near future on whether to keep Jelley or Mckinnon rostered.  Keeping my eye on him for sure.

Kelley and it is even close. Coleman didn't even play week 1 because of air quality. You're nuts if you think McKinnon is going to continue to get that much run.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Spina said:

A Waiver-Wire RB who steps into the Melvin Gordon role should be discussed on a Fantasy Football Forum.

....excitement for a young, talented FREE player getting opportunities? Yes

Hype though? Don't believe so...

[hasn't cracked my lineup yet, and I lost Le'Veon and Mack last week]

The thread isn't "hyped". The thread about the player is hype. 

48 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

It's a shame he got stuffed on those two goal-line carries in the 4th quarter, but I like the trust they are showing in him.

yea the usage is def a bright spot for him moving forward despite ekeler being there. Hopefully he establishes himself in this role as the season continues

His current actual value (2 straight rb2 weeks, including third highest rushing attempts in week 2 so far with many red zone looks) is much higher than his perceived value (Timeshare backup rb).  Wr3 Is probably best you could hope for, but WR2 is more fair value, although i would hold on to him with his upside for even better numbers later in the season..

5 minutes ago, mjb said:

Justin Jackson might be ready next week, I’m concerned with his YPC, brutal

Caught most of the second half when they were nursing a lead. I think his YPC was a direct result of the Chiefs selling out to contain the run; they knew the rook couldn't kill them in the air and he was running into 9 man boxes. 

I think next week would be telling. He has RB2 potential here on out, and his hands are not god awful. Bolts figure to lean heavily on the run here on out with a rookie QB, a running obsessed former RB head coach, and a pretty decent collection of receiving weapons (Henry/Williams/KA/Ekeler) to keep defenses honest from completely stacking the box every week. 

• Like 1