NBC Sports Edge Forums

What to do with Hill and Njoku?

12 team .5 PPR dynasty. I’m not sure what to do with Justice Hill and Njoku.

- Njoku has apparently struggled in camp and was battling another injury, while Harrison Bryant has looked really good. Idk if Bryant has overtaken him yet though. 

- Hill is just in a terrible situation as BAL is stacked at the RB situation. Won’t have any value this year, but is he worth a hold in dynasty as Ingram and Gus could be gone after this year

I think I’m just higher on these 2 than they actually are because I spent high picks in them (1.09 for Njoku and 2.01 for Hill)

Some potential options to pick up are: Logan Thomas (I get a Waller vibe from him- may not pan out that way at all), Bisi Johnson (#2 in MIN right now), Scotty Miller, Trent Taylor, Harrison Bryant (would place on taxi and activate Knox)

Edited by jcedwards

i would move on from them, the only thing that i could see is Njoku getting traded to the redskins or another needy TE team. CLE has already said they were looking to move him.

As for Hill, i too drafted him expecting a lot when he was a rookie, but there are alot of mouths to feed in the that backfield. 

With that being said i would keep Njoku just a bit longer and move Hill for Thomas or Miller.  Johnson(He will be #3 behind Jefferson.)

Help with mine

1 hour ago, apap414 said:

I don't love any of those options.  Maybe Scotty miller as someone to keep an eye on.

Njouku I'd keep for sure in a dynasty.  Hill has shown flashes but I wouldn't be opposed to you dropping him tbh.

Thanks for the input. I replied to yours as well. 

None of those options get me real excited either, but they could turn into something.

- Miller (assuming he wins that 3rd WR spot) could turn into an Edelman type for Brady (granted Brady) hasn’t had 2 other WRs like Godwin and Evans to throw to)

- Bisi Johnson is currently ahead of Jefferson, so he could be valuable to start out if he gets that WR2 spot to start the season (MIN doesn’t run 3 WRs a lot, so the WR3 doesn’t have much value- fully expect Jefferson to ascend to WR2 at some point though)

- Taylor has good rapport with Jimmy G and SF needs WRs bad

- Thomas- not sure what to think honestly, but if he is named starting TE, he has some value (Reed was productive there when he was healthy)

I like Njoku, but honestly don’t know what to do with him. I have a dilemma at TE (Ertz, Goedert, Njoku all have the same bye week and we only have a max of 3 at TE- granted I have time before having to worry about that. And I was high on Hill, but drafting Dobbins was a disappointment. Only value I see for him is if multiple injuries happen, or waiting until the 21 season and hoping Ingram and Gus are gone and Hill is the primary pass catching RB there)

Edited by jcedwards
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, springtexas1983 said:

i would move on from them, the only thing that i could see is Njoku getting traded to the redskins or another needy TE team. CLE has already said they were looking to move him.

As for Hill, i too drafted him expecting a lot when he was a rookie, but there are alot of mouths to feed in the that backfield. 

With that being said i would keep Njoku just a bit longer and move Hill for Thomas or Miller.  Johnson(He will be #3 behind Jefferson.)

Help with mine

Thanks for the input. I replied to yours as well. 

CLE will supposedly run a lot of 2 TE sets now, but I’m still unsure how Njoku will do. Harrison Bryant has been a standout at training camp, so I wonder if he overtakes Njoku at some point. But yea his value is pretty much tied to getting traded. 

I had such high hopes for Hill and think he was opposed for a bigger role this year, until they drafted Dobbins. Now he doesn’t have any value this year, unless injuries happen. He could have value in 21 though if Ingram and Gus both leave, leaving him as the primary backup to Dobbins and maybe the pass catching back. 

we have a max of 3 TEs on active, so unfortunately I can’t add Thomas unless I trade/ drop Njoku.