NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

4 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

If anything, maybe more teams will start following protocols a little more and taking them more seriously.

Protocols could be followed to the T and still not fully prevent the spread. It is for mitigation, aka flatten the curve. This is nobody's fault. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Probably the most likely scenario.  College football is going to be worse 

College football is an utter mess. Who would have thought teenagers surrounded by teenagers including a bunch of college chicks would struggle with social distancing?

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

I know you may have just woken up from a 300 year slumber but those airplane things are pretty fast...

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

Why? Does it take two days to fly there?

Yeah The challenge is feeling confident about loading up a team plane to travel if you aren't certain everyone who would get on the plane is covid free...

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Kantheman4 said:

Listen, if MLB didn't cancel their season with a few team outbreaks, there is absolutely 0 chance that America's beloved Football gets cancelled. Could season be delayed? Sure. But Cancelled? no shot.

i like the part in baseball where the 300 lb pitcher has to tackle the speedy running back before he reaches first base!

7 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Seems impossible that Cam would be the only positive for the Patriots. Can't imagine this game gets played.

This is what I'm thinking.  I just read an interview where another Pats player was saying Cam is virtually always at their facility.  He has to have been in contact with a dozen or more people.  And then the people those people have been in contact with.  If the NFL takes the 7-day incubation period seriously, there's no way they should let this game happen.  I'm surprised they're even thinking about Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 4
Just now, JJ1223 said:

This is what I'm thinking.  I just read an interview where another Pats player was saying Cam is virtually always at their facility.  He has to have been in contact with a dozen or more people.  And then the people those people have been in contact with.  If the NFL takes the 7-day incubation period seriously, there's no way they should let this game happen.  I'm surprised they're even thinking about Monday or Tuesday.

This is how it starts

but the virus has the final say.   

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

• Like 1

For everyone is here repeating to the effect of “if teams would follow the protocols better”

you have no clue how closely teams and players are treating the safety measures in place.  We know of the Raiders’ failure but that’s about it as far as I know.  This is a force of nature and it will get it’s victories despite even our best efforts.  Stop acting like if you follow some of the “experts” advice that you become immune.

• Thanks 1

Maybe there’ll be some kind of agreement where if things get out of hand they’ll postpone the season like the NBA.

Maybe they’ll agree on taking the 8 division winners and having one 8 team playoffs. Who knows? I’m just sure they’ll find away to crown a 2020-2021 Super Bowl champion!

5 minutes ago, Kantheman4 said:

Listen, if MLB didn't cancel their season with a few team outbreaks, there is absolutely 0 chance that America's beloved Football gets cancelled. Could season be delayed? Sure. But Cancelled? no shot.

Apples and coconuts, dawg.  Baseball can be done with significantly less contact, and in a bubble.  Those are two massive factors, neither of which football has the luxury of.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Yeah The challenge is feeling confident about loading up a team plane to travel if you aren't certain everyone who would get on the plane is covid free...

Agree. But I don’t think the fact that they haven’t left yet means the game won’t played. I think it all depends on if there are any more positives.

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Good point. I wouldn’t want to get on a plane either. 

Also, there’s the incubation factor as well. Patriots practiced all week. Meaning Cam threw the ball 🏈 to Edelman N co...

Cam has COVID. COVID spreads. = Patriots ain’t playing this week!

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic