NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

Just now, BIGFATPANDA said:

Also, there’s the incubation factor as well. Patriots practiced all week. Meaning Cam threw the ball 🏈 to Edelman N co...

well, that's predicating it on the wild assumption that Cam's passes were catchable ...

• Haha 3

I think in leagues run by actual commissioners they need to protect any players involved in situations like this so managers can just drop them and replace with able bodies for the week. Or if a manager wants to chance it and hope the game is played let them do that. Because right now there is no way teams can make moves to have a strong starting lineup if they have a lot of injured players already on top of the COVID situation. What really complicates it is if it drags on to Mon/Tue and then the game is canceled. Right now nobody can make moves unless they want to drop good players because only individual players get tagged COVID-IR. I think most teams also have two players on their IR on a weekly basis anyway if that's a league option. So hands are really tied.

Edited by FitzMagic

I think the NFL should scrap their schedule entirely and just put all the team names in a hat. On Friday, they remove any teams who have a positive test and randomly draw out names to fill out Sunday's schedule. Nobody knows who their opponent is until Friday night. Televise the lottery and make some more cash off this thing! Lean into the chaos and bring some excitement into things.

Look, I am not a doom and gloom guy. This season will happen, but it is gonna prob prove to be impossible for us to play our fantasy game, which just sucks.

I can't see any way that this KC/NE game is played this week...

20 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Apples and coconuts, dawg.  Baseball can be done with significantly less contact, and in a bubble.  Those are two massive factors, neither of which football has the luxury of.

You're also talking about a sport where it took nearly a decade of independent medical study to get better helmets approved.  And players still sometimes seek to circumvent concussion testing.

I don't know if they're going to be the steadfast warriors to protect their personal health that previous athletes proved not to be.

On yahoo. Can a commissioner go in and change a week 2 lineup and it actively change that weeks result?  Thinking of allowing ifs in my league.  So if mahomes play use him and if not use Fitzpatrick. So owner puts mahomes in and if they don’t play Tuesday I go in and change roster to fitz. 

2 minutes ago, walkingjoint said:

On yahoo. Can a commissioner go in and change a week 2 lineup and it actively change that weeks result?  Thinking of allowing ifs in my league.  So if mahomes play use him and if not use Fitzpatrick. So owner puts mahomes in and if they don’t play Tuesday I go in and change roster to fitz. 

Yes, exactly what I'm trying to get my league to vote for. Commish can adjust pts on Yahoo so I'm saying declare a bench player for guys incase they don't go. Key word declare, before games start so they can't just pick highest scoring bench guy

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Yes, exactly what I'm trying to get my league to vote for. Commish can adjust pts on Yahoo so I'm saying declare a bench player for guys incase they don't go. Key word declare, before games start so they can't just pick highest scoring bench guy

cant get it to work. I replaced a player in my week 2 lineup with another one and should have given me a loss. It doesn’t reflect it. 

6 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

I mean Haskins plays tomorrow I have Mahomes what do I do?

You better plan on starting Haskins.    There’s a bit of time to read the tea leaves but it’s not looking good.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic